The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hell and Devils Creek road conditions  (Read 2749 times)

Offline heckya

• IceShanty Rookie
Hell and Devils Creek road conditions
« on: Jan 05, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Just moved back to Montana from South Dakota. Looking for some information on road conditions into Hell and Devils Creek.  Looking forward to getting back to some ice fishing on Fort Peck. :tipup:

Offline beastmode

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FortPeckaholic
Re: Hell and Devils Creek road conditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Some buddies and I will be going to hell creek Jan 24 thru Feb 2nd.  Hell creek facebook page stated a few days ago that if your pulling a trailer you will need to chain up.

Offline GirthDaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:30 AM »
Some buddies got into Devils Creek this past weekend, so its possible.  I'll also be going to Hell Creek the weekend of the 25th.

Offline cjfohl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:36 PM »
I was at Devils Creek last weekend. Road was good all the way in. We didnt chain up until that last pull off before the big hill and we only put chains on the front and were fine going in and out. It's been warm and windy the last couple days so I'm guessing alot of the snow and ice has melted and the roads will be good.
It's all about the girth!

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:53 PM »
I was at Devils Creek last weekend....

How was the ice holding up over the weekend?

Offline cjfohl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:55 PM »
There was some water on top the first day. About 10-12" every I drilled.

Offline wapitiwarrior

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:33 AM »
Did you venture very far on the ice? I like to run west and am planning a trip this weekend.
Thanks,
John

Offline cjfohl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:01 PM »
We went east about 8 miles. Didn't quite make it to seven blackfoot. We camped right at the boot ramp basically and there was a pretty wicked looking pressure ridge to the west, but i'm sure a guy can get around it somewhere.

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:43 PM »
We went east about 8 miles. Didn't quite make it to seven blackfoot. We camped right at the boot ramp basically and there was a pretty wicked looking pressure ridge to the west, but i'm sure a guy can get around it somewhere.

Did the ridge extend all the way across from Devils Creek? Was hoping to run down that way Saturday coming in from Fourchette...

Offline cjfohl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:54 PM »
double_a85, sorry I never replied i was spearing in the dry arm last weekend. Did you make it to Devils Creek? How was the ice and road? I'm heading up either Wednesday or Thursday this week, can't wait!

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:06 PM »
double_a85, sorry I never replied i was spearing in the dry arm last weekend. Did you make it to Devils Creek? How was the ice and road? I'm heading up either Wednesday or Thursday this week, can't wait!

We went to Fourchette--- ran out of fourchette bay and kinda across from Devils creek, we were able to go around that nasty pressure ridge using the north shore to get where we wanted to fish.

Offline Young Blood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:40 PM »

How was the ice/fishing in the dry arm?
Keep the Faith

Offline cjfohl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:50 PM »
For me it was slow. I was set up in Little Bug Creek. I had a spear shack and there was 3 of us with tip ups. We saw 10 northerns in the hole, all to small to even spear. Had multiple flags but ended up with 2 northerns and 2 small walleyes. I heard some guys were doing good in Nelson creek for walleyes in the shallow bays at night, which I didn't think there would be much down there with the low water. But guess I was wrong.

Offline mtnmikemoney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:21 PM »
That pressure ridge at devils creek is no good or any where around it

Offline Chasing Lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:27 PM »
That pressure ridge at devils creek is no good or any where around it

Yeah there was a Razor and trailer that went through right where it meets up with the shore Saturday night when we were there...

Offline Chasing Lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Yeah I was happy to see you all made it out ok. And glad to hear you saved everything.  You definitely had tons of guys to help.  And a few of you had some balls to pull off what you did! Nice job! The underwater trailer unhitch was bad a**  Haha

Offline gamehog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:00 PM »
any recent info for devils creek.never been in there and would like to try it.i don't have a machine so any ideas or decent spots for eyes,pike or any decent game fish would be good.i will run tipups and minnows.any info would be great thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.