Author Topic: Bolingbrook/Naperville  (Read 939 times)

Offline xlbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
Bolingbrook/Naperville
« on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:59 PM »

Fished subdivision pond this morning with great success. On the ice by 6:30 and it was game on from then till around 10:00. Caught a mixed bag of bass, gills, crappie and even a jumbo perch! Deepest water found was 6' and the crappies were just under the ice. Gills were running a little small with lots of fish just under keeper size. Crappies on the other hand were running 10"-14" and had to be coaxed into biting. Fish that could be raised off the bottom were best bet for a bite. Bass and most crappies were taken on fat heads and medium roaches, 2 feet under ice on tipups. Small jigging spoon and pink/white jig with teaser tail and waxie was most successful for jigging gills and crappie. Best bite was just after first light. Ice was 7-8" and solid. Brutal cold this morning but well worth the trip. First time on this lake and I will be back for sure.

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
Re: Bolingbrook/Naperville
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:41 PM »
Nice work in tough conditions xl.
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

http://www.peotoneweather.com/

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:54 PM »
i work in BB and there is a retention pond right behind our building. i know its got bass and crappe as ive seen both fish break the surface in the fall. what are BB ice fishing rules. there seems to be a crudely written no fishing sign.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:09 PM »
i work in BB and there is a retention pond right behind our building. i know its got bass and crappe as ive seen both fish break the surface in the fall. what are BB ice fishing rules. there seems to be a crudely written no fishing sign.

You don't work near the interstate and Weber do you? One of our remote locations for work is out there and has a nice retention pond/sand pit behind it, always wondered if it had any fish

Catchin' Fish

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:35 PM »
55 and veterans.

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2014, 07:43 AM »
Everytime i drive by two fairly large ponds between 355 and Bass Pro i just want to fish it.  Its fenced in or I would be all over it. :)

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2014, 10:13 AM »
if anyone wants to meet up for an afternoon expedition i would be game. of course when it warms up a bit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.