The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Coldwater species trip....  (Read 1130 times)

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Coldwater species trip....
« on: Jan 02, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Looking into possibly having a get together in washington county. The lake I have in mind is cathance. There are salmon trout smallies yellow perch. I am going out to see if I can get the camp plowed out so we can park off the road and get an idea of how many trucks can actually get in there. Just trying to get an idea of who may be interested.
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
Re: Coldwater species trip....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:12 PM »
not sure how far that is but I know its closer than most trips :)

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:30 PM »
not sure how far that is but I know its closer than most trips :)

2.5 hours from you give or take

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:20 PM »
at 90 maybe! more like 4 . thats how long it takes to get to scallopers camp which is on cathance, chub cove. maybe 2.5 hrs. for you matt.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:22 PM »

That is about right, it was taking me 3 hours to go to P.I from home. But I am just trying to see who might be interested and if you are gonna be traveling from a long distance I might be able to get a camp to stay at right on a lake closer to rt 1 and 9 that has salmon , white perch and pickeral so the skunk stays to a minimum. Was thinking maybe the end of the month. Just testing the water right now and see what everyone thinks, and then set it in stone next week.
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:24 PM »
the derbys going on here at the end of jan. 1st week of feb. i could maybe do it.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:28 PM »
I didn't know about the derby? But I am leaving feb open cause we fish west grand pretty heavy in feb. But the good thing is if it does get pushed to feb, west grand is 45 minutes from the camp, so we could maybe fish meddybemps one day and west grand the next. We are very flexible, I just want to start meeting people that help me out on here. And what better way then to have a camp weekend or something.

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:13 PM »
first week on feb I will be on west grand myself.  I will be up to the derby the last week on Jan as well. but I would still like to go and meet up with another member.  My wife makes alot of trips to calais for work maybe I could ride with her and hook up for a day some time this winter

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:16 PM »
i promised scalloper id come down to fish w/ him. maybe split gas and go down a weekend?

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:18 PM »
I could swing a sat and sunday I'm sure

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Well you guys know were to find me. And there are plenty of places to fish around here. Rusty you staying down for fishing west grand?

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:35 PM »
Well you guys know were to find me. And there are plenty of places to fish around here. Rusty you staying down for fishing west grand?

yep get there on thurs and leave sunday.......a bunch of us from here are going

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:42 PM »
Well maybe Me and the fishing buddy can venture up that way. We always fish one spot so it would be good to maybe hook up with you guys, or at least stop by and say hello

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:43 PM »
sure thing canal side will be where you can find us after ice time.  Other than that its open lake.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Yeah plenty of room to roam up there. Seems like that would be a cold ride from the dam all the way to whitney or hardwood. We normally start off up lake and then migrate down if we move.

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:49 PM »
Yeah plenty of room to roam up there. Seems like that would be a cold ride from the dam all the way to whitney or hardwood. We normally start off up lake and then migrate down if we move.

we did pretty good not to far from the damn last year.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:52 PM »
Wow, that place is like a zoo normally. But who knows we both thought about changing it up this year. I am sure our paths will cross sometime this winter. We are also going to try and get up to east grand if we can find a spot to get on the lake.. Now that we are older we are bolder. And I am not sure that is a good thing  :-\

Offline StolenB8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:29 AM »
We are also going to try and get up to east grand if we can find a spot to get on the lake..

PM

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:33 AM »
I didn't know about the derby? But I am leaving feb open cause we fish west grand pretty heavy in feb. But the good thing is if it does get pushed to feb, west grand is 45 minutes from the camp, so we could maybe fish meddybemps one day and west grand the next. We are very flexible, I just want to start meeting people that help me out on here. And what better way then to have a camp weekend or something.
Meddybemps for perch? Locals tell me its been real slow the last few years
______________________ ___

Its a lazy man that cant find his wife a second job

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Idk about locals but I caught 10-15 one weekend on my traps. And that wasn't even fishing the deep hole. But right now I am just trolling that water to see what anyone would like to do

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Idk about locals but I caught 10-15 one weekend on my traps. And that wasn't even fishing the deep hole. But right now I am just trolling that water to see what anyone would like to do
We should have been at my camp today rather then fish wishin  :-\ I have 8 doz smelts

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:48 PM »
I am so sick right now I am struggling to do laundry.... But fishin would probably make me feel better

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:50 PM »
This dam temp is still chilly. Its a great chance only 15' from the water but man, its still brutal setting up

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:53 PM »
Yeah my camp you have to walk out a ways, and my buddys camp on meddybemps is only 10' from the water. So we normally opt for the closer. But if I dont start feeling better Mumma is gonna make me go to the damned hospital...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.