Author Topic: NY license update  (Read 535 times)

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
NY license update
« on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:01 PM »
If you like to fish NY and are a procrastinator like me then I have some bad news for you. On a whim, I decided to stop by Davis sport shop in Sloatsburgh NY on my way home from work. As I walked across the parking lot I kept my fingers crossed the whole time that the DEC web site was up and running and that I would be able to get my license. Needless to say that was a bust! I was advised that I needed to get my license by Dec. 26 or else by Doug about a week prior to the shut down. The "I told you so!" reply is sure to follow. However the guy there did tell me that it should be another week before the site is up, and it would probably be an additional week after that before they would be "allowed" to sell any licenses because they needed to be trained on how to use the new computer system. He suggested that once the site is up to try going to Tuxedo town hall because the local Government agencies would be the first to be up and running.  :%$#!: Thankfully there's plenty of ice here in NJ!  :thumbsup: 
:icefish:

Offline briansnat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NY license update
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:20 AM »
As I understand it, NY out of state license drops to $50 on 2/1.  I think I'll wait.
"Most men fish all their lives without realizing it's not the fish they are after" - Henry Thoreau

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: NY license update
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:31 AM »
NJ non resident w/o trout stamp is 34 bucks. Let NY match that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.