Author Topic: Gappin' it. 12/27  (Read 1344 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Gappin' it. 12/27
« on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Began at 8pm on Fri. and fished hard till 1pm. A 9" perch and 5 slimers was all. Screw it go to da udder Gap. Instant gratification.  ;D

Caught 30 or so Fri. afternoon kept 20. Sat. caught 60 or so and kept 30.  Hadta wade thru the little guys but catchin is better than not catchin.  Me, Bro and nephew each got a pike- 2@12" and nephew got a 20" or so. I had a large fish I assume to be a pike that was piggybacking on a 5" perch. Popped off at the hole. Peeps were catching pike all day long on little perch under tip-ups.

Sunny no wind the whole time.

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
Re: Gappin' it. 12/27
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:08 PM »
hey nice catch looks like a great trip out on the ice @)   Thanks for the fishing report     How thick was the ice?     good luck fishing  :tipup:
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:38 PM »
hey nice catch looks like a great trip out on the ice @)   Thanks for the fishing report     How thick was the ice?     good luck fishing  :tipup:

10-12".
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:00 PM »
That's a nice mess or perch there. I'm envious.  My son and I also made the trip out west this weekend.  Sounds like we should followed you to da udder gap on Friday.  We fished both days at Rifle and while Friday was a nice day to spend on the ice with my 10 year old the catchin' was pretty skinny.  One nice 17" bow but zero perch.  Saturday was better...10 perch and all were 9" or a little better, two bows (one more fat keeper).  We did have some tip ups out but the only pike action came when one took a perch jig (or maybe gobbled a hooked perch) and jacked up all 4 lines in the shack.  Jr. enjoyed the 30 seconds of rodeo before he broke off.  Love that place but frankly hoped for more fillets to bring home. Fingers crossed that Aurora might spit a few out before ice season ends. 

Solid 10'" of ice except for the very edge where my fat arse broke though on the walk out.  My New Year's resolution is no longer in question.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Nice work, Slayer - looks like a great trip out there for you and the bro and neph.  Quality fillets and quality family time.  :D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:52 AM »
Nice worthwhile trip for sure. Some yum fillets for sure. Cool you all caught fish. Was that a one day trip or did you stay a couple days?

"B"

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Nice worthwhile trip for sure. Some yum fillets for sure. Cool you all caught fish. Was that a one day trip or did you stay a couple days?

"B"

Camped 1 night.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline fishfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Sorry, but I am kind of new to ice fishing Colorado.  Could you please tell me where you went fishing.  Gap???  Is the place you went near Rifle?  Thanks, just trying to figure out where to go.
"Dynamite works great for fishing, but I don't recommend using it through the ice".

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Rifle Gap Harvey gap, both near Rifle.
<===Lefty===

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Im stuck in Kuwait at the moment. Seeing the pics of your catch makes me more anxious to get back. Good days work! Grats!
Flags flyin' high!

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:09 AM »
Awesome catch. Wish that there were more places near the front range where you could catch a mess of perch like that!  Good Job!
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.