The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: First couple early AM Mississippi R. eye hunts of the season  (Read 515 times)

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Finally got unlazy and felt good enough about the ice to go out alone in the dark and test out my new Shiver Minnows.  Went out Tue. to see about the full moon bite, apparently the fish didn't notice.   Was on the ice and set up by 6 but didn't mark a single fish until 7.  First mark chased the jig for a while then ate the rosy I had on a tip up sitting next to me.  First walleye of the season hit the ice at 7:05, a true monster.

Marked some fish and missed some light biters for a while, then at 7:52 #2 and #3 decided to make it a double.  As I set the hook on the jigging rod the flag popped.  More dinks.

Caught a couple more itty bitties and missed a couple then they started to slow the flow on the dam and that shut it down instantly. 

Got out this morning a bit later, was set up by about 6:20 and had action almost instantly.  Ended up with 7 eyes, all small, one decent male perch on the tipup, and a plump female perch on a buckshot.  Missed a bunch of others.

Gonna try a different spot tomorrow, I figure if I keep catching fish sooner or later one will be legal.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: First couple early AM Mississippi R. eye hunts of the season
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2013, 01:44 PM »
Nice!

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: First couple early AM Mississippi R. eye hunts of the season
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2013, 06:00 PM »
3 fish Sat., 5 last night, and 4 tonight.  Still no keepers. :P
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.