New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Weekend Storm  (Read 565 times)

Offline woodsy57

• IceShanty Rookie
Weekend Storm
« on: Dec 20, 2013, 07:40 AM »
How do u think the storm this weekend is going to affect the ice? Seems like they are calling for rain/ice.

Offline Hunter44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Weekend Storm
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2013, 07:43 AM »
It sure doesn't look good  >:(

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2013, 08:10 AM »
It may be bad for the short term but it is just what we need for the long term. Most of the lakes had a couple of inches of ice (at best) and then got a foot of snow on them. With that much insulation the ice will not build much even when it is below zero and we just saw that happen when we didn't build ice after that big storm.

The rain and warm temps will melt / condense the snow and then we are in for a deep freeze again starting Monday which should lock everything back up with no insulation and the ice will build  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:01 AM »
It may be bad for the short term but it is just what we need for the long term. Most of the lakes had a couple of inches of ice (at best) and then got a foot of snow on them. With that much insulation the ice will not build much even when it is below zero and we just saw that happen when we didn't build ice after that big storm.

The rain and warm temps will melt / condense the snow and then we are in for a deep freeze again starting Monday which should lock everything back up with no insulation and the ice will build  ;D
Yep.Yes sir !!!
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Yep.Yes sir !!!

see you at our favorite puddle soon  ;)

i assume your river spot was where we met the one time??   i checked it out last friday at 8AM before an appointment and it had half an inch ....  so if you went Saturday it grew 1.5 inches in 24 hours.

i have heard the fishing has been horrible ever since the flood
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:13 AM »
Yes where we met. We had to walk along the shoreline upstream to get 2" of ice. And we didn't go in more than 10' of water just in case. A friend of mine and my cousin were both out earlier in the week. The wind must of blew out that ice because like you said  it was all new ice. Hopefully I'll be taking the kiddies next weekend to our puddle. Yeah that's what people are saying with the flood... I haven't been there since before it. And I was doing really well.  You have to fish the other side with me when it is safe....It's really good. Super secret spot tho Shhhhhhhhh  ::)
EL CAPITANO !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.