Author Topic: Bittern lake  (Read 5534 times)

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bittern lake
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Was out last week, lots of slush and ice.  A few guys did get on with trucks but it was a struggle.  One was stuck for 3 hours.  Sledding is the best way out there.

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Any updates on the fishing or slush, coming up march 10-13 with kids staying at elk ridge, just wondering how far of a sled ride straight across from the ridge to bittern, thanks for any info.

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Also wondering how deep snow is off trails in bush area, heard there is lots for snowmobiling in powder, thanks again.

Offline wally wacker49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2014, 04:57 PM »
lots of snow the best snow year for a while

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2014, 11:43 AM »
Looking forward to riding in good snow for a change and hopefully getting into some good walleye action, kids will love it.

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Just wondering how the fish are biting, snow conditions, and ice depth, arriving on Thurs just curious if I should drag all the fishing gear or just sleds, kids want to fish for a day, thanks.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:02 PM »
take both,  you'll need sled to get on it though.  that or a helo

Offline Fishboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM »
To bad a guy needs a sled. I was going to try bittern this weekend but one of my sleds packed in. Guess that's out of the question unless things change. Let me know how it goes. May have to try elsewhere this weekend. Good luck.
I'd rather be fishing then working. So I'm fishing.

Offline Tee Tot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Laker Man
« Reply #38 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:47 PM »
Still no truck travel as of today but if I would have had my quad, I could have gotten around alright.  Bout a foot of settled hard snow with a few drifts.  If it stays cool Quads will do fine but if it gets to warm and softens....trouble. 

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:24 AM »
Fished there Saturday, got about 20 small pike in an hour about 5 of us fishing fun for the kids, run scratchers on liquid sleds through trails or u will overheat.

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Mar 17, 2014, 01:59 PM »
Got through no problem without extension a bit of slush under snow but snow is rock hard on lake.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Mar 18, 2014, 11:55 PM »
Fished it on the 16th  no extension needed.

you will need a sled to get onto the lake though

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Mar 19, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Hey canada was that you I met with the yellow skidoo? I was the lead guy with the group of 15 or so, how did you make out, we fished se side in about 3-4 ft of water, was cool that day and my little girl managed to find a hole with her leg lol, we rode from elk ridge was about a 42 mile round trip. Was really nice Sunday but didn't fish, only a few of us fished while the rest had a fire, caught a pile of small pike, wished it was walleye!

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 21, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Hey canada was that you I met with the yellow skidoo? I was the lead guy with the group of 15 or so, how did you make out, we fished se side in about 3-4 ft of water, was cool that day and my little girl managed to find a hole with her leg lol, we rode from elk ridge was about a 42 mile round trip. Was really nice Sunday but didn't fish, only a few of us fished while the rest had a fire, caught a pile of small pike, wished it was walleye!

wasn't me, but saw your group  we were fair bit to the s of you yet.  we picked up some good fish early am.
red and a blue sled  4 of us.

headed out sunday if u want to join us

Offline Collierscc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:43 PM »
Hi all
anybody know what the ice thickness is like on Bittern, Lost my auger extension on a trail today and wonder if we will punch through tomorrow  ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.