The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Walker Lake Chatter!  (Read 1148 times)

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Walker Lake Chatter!
« on: Dec 13, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Who want's it this year?  ;D  Fred Janiec, this SPUD is for you!

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
Re: Walker Lake Chatter!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2013, 08:57 PM »
 this is just food for thought but I think the spud should be passed on from year to year like a gold cup or trophy just change the number it would be neat to c how far it travels

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Like the Stanley cup? Interesting....
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2013, 08:25 AM »
Will miss running into The Spud, always helpful and friendly. Talked with him shortly before his accident, bummed me right out hearing that.... RIP...fitting memorial .... nice work....

Offline Landscape fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2013, 04:03 PM »
That would be a great idea to pass it along year after year.

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2013, 04:31 PM »
Would be awesome to keep passing 'the spud'!!!!
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:43 AM »
Passing it around would be an awesome idea, BUT, we can't guarantee the person that wins it this year will be at next years event, or he may use it and need re painted or lose it. Or simply just want's to keep it above a mantle or hung with other awards etc. So, I think it's best we just give a new one every year. And keep it simplified.

Offline miller time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:25 AM »
That is a great idea! I will have to run that past Byron.... I just spoke with him the other day and he and I will be running the tourney that day... So any other ideas you might have shoot me a pm or Byron for that matter.... Been thinking about him a lot lately... you know he would have already been on the ice checking at Walker by now... We sure miss you Fred....

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:02 PM »
That is a great idea! I will have to run that past Byron.... I just spoke with him the other day and he and I will be running the tourney that day... So any other ideas you might have shoot me a pm or Byron for that matter.... Been thinking about him a lot lately... you know he would have already been on the ice checking at Walker by now... We sure miss you Fred....

Hmmm... well I guess I'll pm you my cell phone  so you can call and talk about it then.. I'd like to hear your plans

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Hmmm... well I guess I'll pm you my cell phone  so you can call and talk about it then.. I'd like to hear your plans
:whistle:

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:43 PM »
Hey, here's an idea; I'll jump in a bit late and make introductions, which I should have done some time ago :P

Miller time; used to be known on here as beerthirty, also known as Kenny Miller. Fred's (The Spuds) best freind and fishing partner. Kenny introduced me to Fred way back in the begining days of IceShanty and we all became better freinds on here.
Kenny came up with the idea to have last years memorial event, and asked for my help.

WildOutdoorAddict; Greg Martin, owner of a tournament series who I'm helping. As soon as we started planing the series, we agreed to make the Spud Memorial part of the series, but with completly different rules and such, more of a fun derby. I kept Kenny updated on the progress and he is as much a part of the memorial as anyone else, perhaps more.

So much for the fine art of communication......... ...But, Fred would understand and aprove. 
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:50 PM »
I remember beerthirty now from last years memorial. ... miller time I didn't recognize... I feel better!  ;)  lol

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2013, 05:46 AM »
now that your feathers have went back down lets all go and have a good time and thank god that we still have people that want to do things like this and I am sure the spud will be looking down on all of us and he may even give us all a thums  up

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2013, 02:20 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.