Author Topic: Ice Cube Shelter.....  (Read 1846 times)

Offline BlackRhino

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Cube Shelter.....
« on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:47 AM »
Hello,
I saw a few postings on the ice cube shelter from Eastman. It looks like the new Eskimo quick fish only in black. Interested, but unable to find some place that carried one, I called the company. After working through their phone system, I got a customer service person. I asked where I could see one. She said, I'll give you a ph. number where you can order one (across the state from me) and they will be happy to ship it to you. I SAID, I would like to SEE one before buying. She said, "well, we do have pictures online." What's worse is I live in the same town as their headquarters!

So, in a nutshell, I guess I am not buying one of these, nor would I suggest it as their willingness to work with the customer is simply not there.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Cube Shelter.....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:56 AM »
Good first post BlackRhino!  Welcome to IceShanty!  I've seen them, but I prefer a shelter on a sled.
Ken                                          

Offline sphynx_000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:25 PM »
I am looking at either the ice cube, or the similar eskimo. You can beat the portability if you drive a car...

Bean,

What did you think of the eastman's, compared to the Eskimo quickfish?

Offline JIGGINFORCRAP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:04 PM »
i have a eastman there alright if ya like sitting your feet in water but otherwise there good shanty  :tipup:
NO TIME TO WORK ONLY FISHING!

Offline Skinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:21 AM »
I have an eastman and love it. Get the 4 man. I don't actually think you could fish 4 guys in it comfortably but it's great for 2 guys.

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:36 AM »
yeah, they are both the same size with the Eastman being 71"x71" on the floor and the Eskimo 70"x70" yet the Eastman is 4 person and the eskimo is 3.... hum sounds liek someones being reasonable and realistic in their classification and someone is pushing it. I have the Quickfish 3 and it will fish 3 people quite comfy and four could be done if you want to sit a little close and don't have much else in there with you. Dunno for sure how much difference that extra inch will make
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.