The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cold weather is coming...  (Read 358 times)

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
Cold weather is coming...
« on: Dec 12, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Just checked the weather into the negatives at night this coming weekend so I'm guessing things will start freezing up fast, though usually I fish small body of waters first before hitting lake champlain come Jan. I have a feel we'll get some good ice on those small bodies over the next week. I'll be checking colchester pond, Iraquios and afew other small bodies in the chittenden county area. keep you all posted on what I see.

Remember be safe out there this early, no fish is worth dying over. Good Luck and Good fishing.

P.s. if anyone has any early ice sunfish/bluegill tips would be great if you shared strategy, depths etc. thanks guys! 
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
Re: Cold weather is coming...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Stopped by colchester pond this afternoon after dropping some equipment off at work, frozen over, at the canoe/kayak launch about an inch and a half of ice, held my weight (6'1"- 190's) but with a few good kicks I could break through. Hope the cold weather continues and I can get out there next weekend!

Good fishing, make sure you check the Ice for yourself before fishing!
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline lannino

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cold weather is coming...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Thanks for the update! I believe I'll be headed out fishing on Sunday!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.