The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Slammer, Jack Jacker, Automatic Fisherman Questions  (Read 8136 times)

Offline blue grouse

• IceShanty Rookie
Slammer, Jack Jacker, Automatic Fisherman Questions
« on: Dec 10, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I was looking into getting a Slammer, Jack Jacker, or Automatic Fisherman.  I was hoping to get some feed back before I spend any money.

Thanks,

Blue Grouse

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Slammer, Jack Jacker, Automatic Fisherman Questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2013, 09:44 AM »
I have a jaw jacker and love it, but haven't tried any of the others so I can't fail by comparison.
Mark it 8 dude

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:11 AM »
 I have 4 of the Slammers and have quit using them. They do catch fish and I am very pleased with the quality of them. They are kind of big and bulky though.
 I got on a tip up kick for the last couple of years. They work well as well. Again, kind of a pain to pack around.
 I have seen the JawJackers in use. I received one for my B-day and haven't used it yet. What I see, is a nice compact unit while traveling. I know that they fit in a bucket better than my tip ups do.
 I guess a guy just can't have enough stuff,  Right ?    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:21 AM »
I have all three and agree with Wyoming_Ice on the Slammer it is bulky - It does work better for longer poles though (4' to 5' long) I like the automatic fisherman the best - Jawjacker is good but may not be as durable as the Automatic fisherman.

Offline Lackingeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:27 AM »
I like tip-ups.....the auto fisherman and jaw jacker seem bulky and a pain to carry around

Offline blue grouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2013, 11:01 AM »
Thanks guys for the input, My wife asked me what wanted for Christmas. So I had to find something that didn't already have for ice fishing?

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2013, 11:48 AM »
I have an automatic fisherman and I like it it is big though. I have since been making my own systems that I can attach to any of my rod holders they seem to work just as well and are much easier to pack around. Here are some pics of one I made

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2013, 12:19 PM »
With those a good hole cover to keep the ice off is a must, that is why i like my tip-ups when fishing multiple rods.  Plus they do not go down the hole when a fish grabs and hits the end of the spool or the drag sticks, seen several rods go down the hole while perch fishing, but the windlass tip-ups have the same problem of the line freezing in the hole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.