The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Share your favorite moment from last winter  (Read 321 times)

Offline swidnica

• Team IceShanty Regular
Share your favorite moment from last winter
« on: Dec 07, 2013, 11:14 PM »
      Ice fishing is almost here , share your best ice fishing experience from last year to get us excited for this season .   Please include what lake or at least what county .

Offline Dean84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Share your favorite moment from last winter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2013, 01:23 AM »
walleye limits on the Saginaw River!  The most memorable would probably be when a pressure crack decided to rip through the ice down the center of my shanty.  Ice had been singing all day, and I was out with 2 guys who had never ice fished before. Has anyone ever seen 2 full grown men in a full panic for their lives try to make it out of a shanty door at the same time? The one guy made it a good 50 feet from the shanty before he stopped running, the other fell on his a$$ trying to do the same.  Meanwhile.. I'm still sitting in my chair laughing so hard I damn near dropped my pole down the hole.  One of them has never come back out on the ice... the other has proven himself a worthy ice fishermen.. if a little bit of a chicken.

Offline Swampstud

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2013, 06:46 AM »
Early season I figured out my fishfinder resulting in a entire season of catching fish. Entire year before I didnt understand the settings and just didnt figure it out.....   Dialed in now!!!!
Keep those hooks sharp, or watch em swim away!

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:08 AM »
I actually did get on the ice. Not enough safe ice to get were I wanted but enough to catch at least a couple of meals, rather sad  :%$#!: Minimal ice - no ice, minimal ice - no ice................... .........crap got old fast

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:44 AM »
I would have to say it was during the pike tournament I put on. Good food and good times. Flags were popping all day.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline frostbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:57 AM »
My youngest son catching his first fish on a tipup. We were almost a hundred yards from the tipup and he lost a creeper when he stood up, Almost spooled when he finally got there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.