Author Topic: North Park Ready To Go!  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
North Park Ready To Go!
« on: Dec 04, 2013, 11:31 PM »
Just checked the fishing report from the Lake John Resort (link below), and they are on the ice and catching nice ones now.  On Monday ice was 4".  It will hardly be above zero all week, and should thicken up nicely by the weekend.  Will be pretty cold, but that's why I bought my hut and heater.  I'm planning on being there Saturday morning to kick off the season.  Come join me.

http://www.lakejohnresort.com/#!fishing-report/czpx
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Park Ready To Go!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:03 AM »
If it wasn't so far I would be there. North park rocks for icing trout.

Offline shutupandicefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:09 AM »
I've been seriously considering heading up there this weekend. Are there any cheaper hotels/motels anyone can recommended in walden?

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:51 AM »
I've stayed at the chedsey and north park and they are both ok. They have rooms at the lake john lodge but I don't think they have showers in the rooms. http://local.yahoo.com/CO/Walden/Travel+Lodging/Hotels+Lodging/Hotels+Motels

Offline DoctorPerch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2013, 11:03 AM »
I stayed at the North Park Motel for a couple of nights and found it to be a nice place at a good price for sure.  I would certainly stay there again.
Never stayed at Chedsey or at the lake so can't comment on those.  Certainly the Wilcox family at the lake are certainly customer oriented people and are always hospitable.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2013, 11:24 AM »
The North Park Inn and Suites look like the nicest (newest) place in town.  I haven't stayed there, but talked to somebody who likes it.

Offline ByteN2it

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:09 PM »
We've stayed at the Antlers Inn on main street and had a huge room there & the River Rock restaurant below has great food & a good bar. Some of the best eats are actually over at Paradise Lanes-those gals at the bowling alley know how to cook.
" The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson ! "

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:14 PM »
We've stayed at the Antlers Inn on main street and had a huge room there & the River Rock restaurant below has great food & a good bar. Some of the best eats are actually over at Paradise Lanes-those gals at the bowling alley know how to cook.
X2 about the bowling alley

Offline Ledman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Sweet! i'll have to get my lazy but off the couch and up there on the ice! thanks for the update

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2013, 10:38 AM »
I did talk to Bill this morning (it was -28 F), and asked if the ice had thickened on Lake John much since the cold snap began Monday.  He said the foot of snow that came in just before the cold insulated the lake and cut down on it forming faster, but says there have been a number of people out on the ice - even this morning - and it is over 6" - probably more.

We'll be testing it out tomorrow.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2013, 07:25 AM »
We fished John Saturday and had the best day we've ever had anywhere.  Lost count of fish after the first few hours.  There were a few small stockers from this year in the 8-10" range, but mostly we got 15-17" fat, solid and feisty rainbows.  If I ever figure out how to post pictures, I'll drop a few.

It was pretty cold with the breeze out of the south. There was about 6-10" of snow on the ice that had apparently cut down on ice production, so that it had only gone from 6" last Monday, just before the cold snap, to 7" now.  But it was a good solid cap.  Not enough to be driving out there yet, but safe.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Here are a couple of pics from Lake John Saturday.  Not many folks, but plenty of fish.  These four are headed to a smoker.

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Nice report and fish Sawtooth.  May have to look into a trip that way.  Thank you for the report.

s

Offline troutatthedevil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Check out the sportsman's retreat from North Park Anglers if you are going up with a group http://northparkanglers.com/retreat.php shoot Scott an email since the shop is closed for the winter season.

Offline Malty Falcon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Antlers Inn has a couple of suites that are really nice.  2 stories, kitchenette, spacious living room, and two bedrooms.  We got one for $130 a night during hunting season, but they are normally $179/night.
Fishin' is better with a Malty Beverage!

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:21 AM »
I just finished packing and am ready to go up there bright and early tomorrow morning!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.