The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Shout Out to Pete's Tackle  (Read 2114 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Shout Out to Pete's Tackle
« on: Dec 04, 2013, 04:29 PM »
I placed an order with Pete's Tackle early last Friday and received it yesterday. My order consisted of an assortment of jigs for me to try this hardwater season. I must say, at first glance these jigs look to be made of the finest materials and the craftsmanship and attention to detail is first rate. I want to thank Pete for a top quality made in Montana product & the quick shipping was an added bonus. I would urge all the Montana iceshantians to check out Pete's Tackle, order a few of his products, and try them out. Supporting our site sponsor is good also. Hopefully I can get out in the bitter cold this weekend and try them out. I'll report back when I do. Take care everyone & good luck on the hardwater!!!!!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Shout Out to Pete's Tackle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2013, 04:54 PM »
Thats a good start Spitz...but you are gonna wish you had gotten more of those lead maggots...cuz your buddies are gonna want them... ;)

Mike
www.perchassault.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline fishhunter85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:03 PM »
Where is Pete's Tackle located? Those jigs look like winner's! I'd be happy to support local. Any of this gear in shop's in Bozeman or at the Bend Willow in Townsend on the way to CF. Cheers! -FH

Offline The Rezerend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:08 PM »
I picked up a bunch of different things from him in Helena. This will be the first weekend I get to use them and I can't wait.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:28 PM »
Looks like good stuff!!!i really like that sasse.

Offline Pastor B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Great post!  I just started using his stuff this year and it is TOP quality.... You can tell he puts the time in and makes sure it is done right!  The Whiptail is my favorite so far, but if have not used everything I bought from him yet!

Order them online!

Play hard!  Pray hard!

Offline icemelton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2013, 06:38 PM »
Yea Pete makes some good tackle it's always well made and durable and trust me from wins in the perch assault to placing in many other derbies around the state they catch fish I promise, Baylee an I support and fish Pete's tackle every time we are out I strongly recommend if you haven't tried it to race out and get some items you won't be sorry I have even mailed some of his jigs to a friend in North Dakota to try and he is begging for more keep it up Pete and thanks for everything

Thane and Baylee
<:{{{}}<

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2013, 12:56 AM »
Lead Maggot wed 12-3-13 just a small Crappie caught nine close to the same size was out fishing with my buddy Ross from Snappy's fishing department. He smoked but the Maggot came through with size.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1427378524157971&set=a.1392133691015788.1073741827.100006575110877&type=1&theater  You all Rock!!!!!!!!! thank you all it makes me want to go out to the shop and produce. Looking for new Ideas for next year if your idea is used I will name it after you.
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:22 AM »
Just placed my first order. Looks like quality on the site. It's funny how you can tell if something is worthwhile or not over the web!

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2013, 07:11 AM »
Hey I will be in kalispel the 14 can I get his products at snappys?  Or just on line? Thanks....I have never been to snappys  ..heard its a cool store ..
Dreaming of a full bucket.

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2013, 07:35 AM »
OK ....just found out petes store is in kalispel.. I will vist him sat. Dec. 14 .after my wolf trapping class...
If anybody is looking for his lures from HELENA send me a P.M.  ...we can work out something I will be back home late sat. Night..
I'm leaving friday night sometime....I have - 10 right now .... ice is forming!!!!

Offline Stevedave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2013, 09:54 AM »
I picked up some jigs from Pete in Helena and not only love the jigs but the knowledge and advice he shared about using them and ice fishing in general was worth the money. He even said he would gaurantee the workmanship of his products and replace any defective jigs for free.  Definitely seemed like someone doing what he loves for a living and i will support him and his business in the future. I particularily liked having the lead maggots the last couple weeks when i couldnt find any live maggots in stores yet. Thanks again Pete!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2013, 11:27 AM »
thank you all it makes me want to go out to the shop and produce. Looking for new Ideas for next year if your idea is used I will name it after you.

Wrap your mind around this...

Whiptail body, wire strand with a couple of brass beads to clack and make noise, tied to a glow #8 or #10 trouble hook for fishing for walleye, pike, and big perch using a minnow head for bait.  It has the body for flash, the beads for noise, and a big enough hook to pin a minnow head on and still be able to get a solid hook up.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2013, 04:19 PM »
Thats a good start Spitz...but you are gonna wish you had gotten more of those lead maggots...cuz your buddies are gonna want them... ;)

Mike
www.perchassault.com
Funny you say that Mike. Right after I placed my order I thought "damn, I probably should have got more of them lead maggots". Oh well, I know Pete's products & quick service are just a click away. Take care!!

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2013, 11:57 PM »
Hey folks Pete here my daughter and I are working hard to meet the demand. wow you folks are awesome I've never been so thankful. Hey Jay If I make and sell your Idea it will bear your name.That has been a thought but i wasn't on the pot so I forgot! ;D :unsure: :whistle: :icefish: Hay folks where going to have a Face book drawing here in the next few days my Daughter Kayla is going to run it. I will keep you Posted on Pete's Tackle sticky in the purple area and how I use Pete's Tackle summer and winter. Thank you all your the reason I build hand made American made tackle with clean hook eyes. I'm tired of seeing a foreign labels on product.  https://www.facebook.com/PetesTackleShop?ref=hl
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2013, 12:29 AM »
Could be made as an accessory to the whiptail.  Buy the regular whiptail and then have a "big game" tail add on that could be used in place of the original tail or on another spoon.  I'll be making an order soon.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline Pastor B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 06, 2013, 12:40 AM »
Dang it Jay!  I had that same idea! Oh man, you beat me to the punch!  Pete I will be the first one on the order list for the Jay bait!!!!   Need a dark red, natural glow, fire tiger and chartreuse!

I completely agree that would be a deadly bait!
Play hard!  Pray hard!

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 06, 2013, 08:34 AM »
Great stuff. I agree! I should have gotten more of the lead maggots too. Since we are having pete do custom jigs now. How about a jig that resembles a small crayfish Pete?  ;D I have been searching long and hard for something of the sort. Soft body or hard. I would pay top dollar.  ;D

MTA

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #18 on: Dec 06, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Just wondered if the JAY BAIT will be ready buy next weekend ? I would like to try some on canyon ferry...

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Great stuff. I agree! I should have gotten more of the lead maggots too. Since we are having pete do custom jigs now. How about a jig that resembles a small crayfish Pete?  ;D I have been searching long and hard for something of the sort. Soft body or hard. I would pay top dollar.  ;D

MTA

He already has you covered!

http://petestackleshop.com/product/micro-craws-1-12-inch/

Slap that on a jig head and hold on!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:19 AM »
What the??? How did I miss that! Placing an order right now. Any idea what color is listed in the picture?

MTA

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Looks like that is the "Melvin" color.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline MTMizzou

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Was just talking with Pete today.  He is a real class act.  One of my favorite things is that he doesn't try to sell you stuff, but he looksout for you and wants you to have the best fishing you can.

And yes, I ended up with some of his lures. Can't wait to try out the whiptails on kokanee on the Swan later.
Mizzou-Rah!

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2013, 11:36 PM »
picked up a whiptail and some other of petes stuff today

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 06, 2013, 11:55 PM »
Placed my order on Wednesday night, got it today in the mail. So excited to get them all fishy smelling tomorrow!

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 10, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Whiptail here sent out all orders 12-9-13 even a big one for Don's in Lewistown. Ross at Snappy's  are planning to go out to Church Slough Wed sometime to get some pike crappies and whitefish. I Here it is doing great right now.
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:20 PM »
Just placed an order for a bunch of WhipTails & some more Lead Maggots from Pete's Tackle, so I'm bumping up my original thread instead of starting a new one because I have a question for you WhipTail users.

Do any of you target trout with the WhipTail & if so, what's the best way to fish it ??

Offline FPSMark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:28 PM »
I caught 1 bow a few weeks ago with purple whiptail. I caught 6 with a different set up. It wasn't my go to hook for them.

Offline montanafishingr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Check out petes "tail dancer". One of my favorites. I also hear a rumor he will have some tungsten jigs in soon.

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:50 PM »
Hay folks I sent Sharron out at the Silo's an order of Whip Tails and Tail Dancers yesterday, Tail Dancers are only at the Silo's and Snappy's this year will have them on my Web store in the spring of 2015. Get your local retailer to carry Pete's Tackle.
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.