Author Topic: Shout out for a RAK!  (Read 432 times)

Offline Hookncook

• IceShanty Rookie
Shout out for a RAK!
« on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:51 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you for a random act of kindness. I was looking for a part to a heater/cooker and BOXCAR came through with a whole new unit that he just gave me. It's awesome I see people out there that still wake up in the morning and just do good things without any rewards or agenda or anything. Truly a good dude and forever has a friend in me. His RAK is duly noted and I'm going to pass it on the first chance I get. I already have a few things in mind. I challenge anyone else to do the same. He "inspired" me to do something nice for someone else. He definitely had no reason to do something for me. We've never met, probably never will die to the location differences. Just great to see awesome people still out there and goes to show the awesome community that ice fisherman have formed.

Offline Tmuskie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shout out for a RAK!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Congrats. It's awesome to see how much you appreciated his kindness. Tis the season.  :icefish:
There's a hole in the Ice,  Dear Liza, Dear Liza.
There's a hole in the ice, Dear Liza, a hole.

Well fish it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
Well fish it Dear Henry. Dear Henry, Fish it.

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Your welcome, I've had that heater for years and just never had to use it. Glad someone could finally use it.

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Very good thing you did boxcar. Hookncook thanks for sharing such a good act of kindness. I'm sure it will inspire others to do the same.

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Congrats to both of you guys. We could only hope that RAK like that could spread like wild fire throughout the country.

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Hookncook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2013, 06:21 AM »
I definitely appreciate it!  I'm going to keep it going like I said.  Again, can't thank you enough for your generosity.  Karma will come back to you I'm sure.

Offline Crappie slayer 36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2013, 08:48 AM »
Nice to see. You boxcar Sir, are a class act.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.