Author Topic: 2013 /2014 ice fishing reports for Kip, Barrier, Marean, Greenwater & Round Lake  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Hi all,
Do you have any ice fishing or ice thiknes reports for any of these bodies of water listed above? ???
Thanks. :)

WW

Offline fishhawk55

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi Waterwolf,
If you mean Round Lake in the Bronson Park, I was there a couple if weeks ago and it was 6" all along the shore near the main access. Lots of people out, some with sleds and side by sides. If you are asking about a different round lake then I have no idea!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi Waterwolf,
If you mean Round Lake in the Bronson Park, I was there a couple if weeks ago and it was 6" all along the shore near the main access. Lots of people out, some with sleds and side by sides. If you are asking about a different round lake then I have no idea!

Hi fishhawk55,
I was actually asking about the Round Lake that's just a bit SE of Greenwater Prov Park, but thanks for the report anyway. :)

There are a few Round Lakes in SK. I will have to be more specific in the future. :woot:

WW

Offline bernie

• IceShanty Rookie
was on marean nov 30  and there was about 10 inches of good black ice fishing was slow 6 eyes 1 about 2lbs and 6 little snakes

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What is the snow levels like up around that area?

I have heard that from PA and north the snow levels are deep already. :-\

WW

Offline bernie

• IceShanty Rookie
there was just a skiff of snow on the ice my uncle lives there and they only have 5 or 6 inches or so

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi bernie,
A skiff of snow is good, but only 5 - 6 inches is not.
Which lake is that? :-\

WW

Offline bernie

• IceShanty Rookie
hi water wolf

we were on marean nov 30.  there was 10" of good black ice then.  the snow was patchy on the lake.  we went out on the lake with a sled a giant home built ice shack a four wheeler and a fold down clam ice shack. my uncle was out there nov 29 and there were people on the lake with vehicles that day.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi all,
Do any of you have an ice fishing report for any of these lakes this season?

Was the fishing slow, fair or good?

Is there lots of snow on the ice up that way????

WW

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
We have a shack out at Kip and the fishing has been decent for perch a few smaller pike as well. Have not caught a walleye yet this year. Snow hasn't been a major issue yet and I think most half tons with decent rubber and 4x4 can get around the lake without too much trouble. From what I have heard about barrier it started out very hot and has since gone cold with very few bites.

I would like to hear more about these lakes as well.

Offline Perch_Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
Skunked 3 times at barrier this season between dec 30 and jan 3. Worst fishing I have ever seen.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for the info saskwalleyediver & Perch_Whisperer. :)

WW

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
green water was decent early december but in the last 5 times i went out, we only caught once.  and it was a small pike and 2 perch.  I heard marean was slow too. 
I was thinking of fishing kip just because the other lakes are dead.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Any recent reports on marean? Debating on a weekend or day trip soon. Anyone fish stiesol in the winter? Do great there open water but haven't tried on the ice I know it's aerated but have fished some aerated lakes before

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any recent reports on marean? Debating on a weekend or day trip soon. Anyone fish stiesol in the winter? Do great there open water but haven't tried on the ice I know it's aerated but have fished some aerated lakes before
I've caught some real good rainbows there through the ice. It's not fast and furious action, but the ones you catch are usually great size

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.