The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: vintage lowrance  (Read 967 times)

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work is for people who don't FISH.
vintage lowrance
« on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:46 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE. Anyone that may have any information on a lowrance 2330 as to what frequency the transducer  runs it would be greatly appreciated. I either am trying to replace the original or replace it with a newer model in which case i'll have to get a adapter for the connection between the new and old. I believe this unit to be one of the better units for it's day ( 80's ) it's increments are by the individual foot and hopefully give me the resolution that i'll need in the fairly shallow water that i typically fish near Hanover Pa..After quite a few years i have some time to spend on the ice, ( None here yet) except skim on some ponds so here's to Clear Ice and some Jumbo's slapping their Tails !...Slab...PS..Anyone know what degree the cone angle should be maybe 8 to 15 degrees or so,This would also help as well.
Having been away from ice fishing for a number of years, I now have the time to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes. I have enjoyed reading the posts from long time members and to read how you all help one another with no animosity between you.I am looking forward to chatting with you all...slabhappy.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: vintage lowrance
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:24 AM »
Sorry I have no information pertaining to your post about your lowrance unit, I'm only familiar with the newer electronics. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. If you didn't already do so, do a search on the web and maybe you can gather some info that way.

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Ive tried quite a few places trying to find one so far no luck...waiting on some to get back to me and Thank you for the welcome I look forward to talking to one and all !
Having been away from ice fishing for a number of years, I now have the time to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes. I have enjoyed reading the posts from long time members and to read how you all help one another with no animosity between you.I am looking forward to chatting with you all...slabhappy.

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:40 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=179759.0
The answers to your questions were right here the whole time.  ;)
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:40 PM »
THANKS PIG...very helpfull info...And the hunt goes on!...slab.

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2013, 09:30 PM »
 :clap:..Horray!!.I found A transducer for my old lowrance flasher,thanks for the help to jigginpig. Steered me in the rite direction...I can feel those tigers nipping my new little plastic tails that ive been looking at like there gold flakes ! Come On cold weather!...Slab.

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Welcome to the site, Slabhappy! No thanks to me, just don't underestimate the wealth of knowledge on iceshanty that can be unveiled by the search function! Good luck with getting that lowrance fired up. I have a HDS 7 that I bought the iceducer for but haven't used it much. Hard to stray away from the good ole vex.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2013, 12:06 AM »
THANK JIGGINPIG...At one time I had a fl 8 and now kick myself for ever getting rid of it..life goes on though.I believe that the Lowrance will work fine the only thing is that the transducer runs at 197 khz and ill get interference from others in the area but I will deal with it till something else comes along, For the money i have tied up in it now with the transducer 60 dollars doesn't seem to much even if it dosen't work....Ill be posting pics of equipment that ive been working on lately...tipups,tipdowns,rockers and my version of a jawjacker which im very excited about.Sounds like a fairly strong cold front headed this way so lets hope that the cold will stick around long enough to get some early slabs on the ice in south central pa down towards the mason-dixon line. SLABHAPPY.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.