New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: laker count  (Read 3019 times)

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
laker count
« on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:20 PM »
So who's going to be the one to put the first laker on the board? A couple of u really got up there in numbers. Cant wait to get at it.
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: laker count
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2013, 09:22 PM »
So who's going to be the one to put the first laker on the board? A couple of u really got up there in numbers. Cant wait to get at it.
I hope to break the 15lber mark this season, one of my goals. Came close with a 12 plus last year for first in the bragging rights in NY board.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2013, 12:49 PM »
Nice good for you. Never caught one untill last year on the king. Was fishing of mdb and hooked into 3-4 while going after perch

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:03 PM »
When does it start? The tourney.   Thought it started the 1st.       I honoring people post and enter some if there fish this year.      I personally saw a laker caught by a member that was bigger but not posted and multiple pike bigger then mine ( which won )    Can't wait to get the laker grounds though.   Come on cold weather
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:10 PM »
I doubt ill be first but I plan on doing some serious laker fishing this year. Looking for a big number this year. Got my first buck this year so lets I'd like to finish strong with some hot laker action. Going this weekend to a little northern lake that hasn't been open to icefishing long. They say there's lakers in there so ill be looking.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2013, 07:05 PM »
Nice good for you. Never caught one untill last year on the king. Was fishing of mdb and hooked into 3-4 while going after perch
once you get a laker through the ice, your hooked for life!  ;D maybe I'll run into you on the king this year IceNeck9292
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:00 PM »
once you get a laker through the ice, your hooked for life!  ;D maybe I'll run into you on the king this year IceNeck9292
That's what I hear. One thing is for sure a 25 pounder in the spring trolling doesn't fight a lot.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:09 PM »
There definetly fun through the ice and spent a lot of time on the king this summer trolling the chrismas trees. If I could catch as many as we did all sumer or per day omg it would be awesome. A bad day we were hauling 10-15 in. 125 feet like pulling a log

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Sure thing man we can make a trip out of it.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:11 PM »
First laker for me this year...not in New York though :)

If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:19 PM »
Wow that's impressive! Where abouts ? Ill have to throw a few up from this summer

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Interior Alaska last week, 13'' of ice and 3' of snow.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:25 PM »
First laker for me this year...not in New York though :)

Nice one....   Whats that hide on the back seat of your sled??
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Love those Lakers... Nice fish.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Nice one....   Whats that hide on the back seat of your sled??
x2 as soon as I saw it I had to know also!

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:29 PM »
Beaver hat and mitts.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Beaver hat and mitts.

Nice...I bet they come in handy..... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Wow! pig laker  :tipup:

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:36 PM »

I know its not ice but still some lakers

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:07 AM »
One thing is for sure a 25 pounder in the spring trolling doesn't fight a lot.

That was always my take on lakers before i caught one through the ice   …..  if you want to experience catching a 10 pounder just take a 10 pound downrigger ball and drop it to the bottom and reel it up and you have just duplicated catching the fish.

BUT ……   they are a different beast through the ice  ….  or else it's the light action rod with 6 pound test   :o

When i got my big one (37 inches, 15 plus pounds  ;D) it took forever to ice it ……..   it must have made 10 runs back to the bottom!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:06 AM »
The king is getting ready... cannot wait

Offline adkiceman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2013, 03:29 PM »
i caught 2 small lakers yesterday on Rollins Pond.  2lber and a 3lber but i did not have a camera.  it was awsome watching them roll and fight under my feet through 3 inches of black clear ice.  iced some hog bass too.  great first trip of the year. 
I’m feeling alright, I’m feeling ooooookay! - moe.

Offline conesusguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2013, 05:47 PM »
That was always my take on lakers before i caught one through the ice   …..  if you want to experience catching a 10 pounder just take a 10 pound downrigger ball and drop it to the bottom and reel it up and you have just duplicated catching the fish.

BUT ……   they are a different beast through the ice  ….  or else it's the light action rod with 6 pound test   :o

When i got my big one (37 inches, 15 plus pounds  ;D) it took forever to ice it ……..   it must have made 10 runs back to the bottom!
  I agree 100%  I was amazed last winter catching them on Canadice lake how hard they fight.  Never experienced anything like that, closest I would say was a big bowfin I caught up north 2 winters ago.  Multiple runs and head shakes my biggest 10lber took almost 15 minutes to land it was 14 degrees with wind chill had to quit fishing my hands were so cold.  They are a different animal through the ice.
This sport takes a certain amount of character in a man that we all should respect and take pride in.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2013, 06:10 PM »

x 2!

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2013, 06:00 PM »
Ship and yager coming in on this one, these guys don't know how to catchem, just real good at photoshop.... ;D

Don't worry guys ill be picking your brains again this year...

Becausr of your help last year iv become a monster. Going after them sunday.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Comone fellas I know there is somone out there.... I'm gonna hopefullly be putting a few on the ice this weekend

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:51 PM »

I have a 40" laker on my wall from Lake george from years ago. It weighed in just under 18lb's. It took me about a hour and a half to get her onto the ice. This was on a tip up with a 6lb mono leader.

It was the biggest laker the taxidermist ever saw/did, and he had 3 of his own personal lakers on the wall from lake george.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:12 PM »
I hope to get a 20+ pounder this year.
Master Laker taker.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #28 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:33 PM »

Try using that 30" rod with 6lb test in the summer  ;).

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #29 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:10 PM »
im not counting fish caught im counting pounds this year,i'll trade 100 lakers for 1 20#er

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.