New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: "SOUTHEAST NY GET-TOGETHER"  (Read 7355 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Re: "SOUTHEAST NY GET-TOGETHER"
« Reply #90 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:53 PM »
No posts since Dec. 22....... are we to assume that everyone interested in coming to the Get-Together has already voted for his favorite lake??

6 DAYS LEFT TO VOTE..........   THEN WE START PLANNING FOR THE EVENT DATE AND FESTIVITIES !!!

VOTE NOW, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY !!!

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:26 AM »
I could do White pond on the 19th
good parking there and alot of perch......
usually good ice by the beginning of January.....

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:53 PM »
I've never fished Highland Lake before, it looks like a shallow lake. Is it the usual mixed bag in there or are other fished stocked? I can't find anything about it on the DEC website.

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Dec 26, 2013, 03:19 PM »
I'm not sure if white pond is white lk in Sullivan..I'm all a go wherever if I can make it.. iceballs, I remember your last years endeavors and would like to meet you ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:19 PM »
I could do White pond on the 19th
good parking there and alot of perch......
usually good ice by the beginning of January.....
White pond will probably be fished out by the 19th lol

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:27 PM »
White pond will probably be fished out by the 19th lol

Hi Kevin;  White Pond is certainly the easiest to get on and parking is OK, but, I've never caught anything worth taking home from there, and never even SEEEN anything worth taking.  Yet..... reports keep circulating about large Walleye and Northerns in there ?????   Who knows????  Not my choice for a meeting place.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:33 PM »
I've never fished Highland Lake before, it looks like a shallow lake. Is it the usual mixed bag in there or are other fished stocked? I can't find anything about it on the DEC website.

Redneck;  Yes, it's a shallow lake, but has a good population of fish....... Yellows, Crappies, Pickerel, Bass.  It's a good meeting place because there's easy access, especially if we meet there during the annual ice fishing tournament (Feb. 15th) held at "The Sand Bar", and plenty of parking.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:38 PM »
I'm not sure if white pond is white lk in Sullivan..I'm all a go wherever if I can make it.. iceballs, I remember your last years endeavors and would like to meet you ;D

Snowden;  White Pond is located in Putnam County.  Not my best choice for a get together.  I've always been disappointed in the fishing there.
Look forward to meeting you too, as well as many of the other guys I've spoken to on IS over the years.  That's why I'm hoping this Get-Together gives eveyone a good reason to come on out there and have some fun!! 

Offline iceman99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Im not voteing for it But i have personelly caught some 13 inch perch from there,Also i lost around a 5lb pike.

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Hi Kevin;  White Pond is certainly the easiest to get on and parking is OK, but, I've never caught anything worth taking home from there, and never even SEEEN anything worth taking.  Yet..... reports keep circulating about large Walleye and Northerns in there ?????   Who knows????  Not my choice for a meeting place.
I  only meet on a good enough lk to bother with..lol ;D

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Dec 26, 2013, 05:01 PM »
Snowden;  White Pond is located in Putnam County.  Not my best choice for a get together.  I've always been disappointed in the fishing there.
Look forward to meeting you too, as well as many of the other guys I've spoken to on IS over the years.  That's why I'm hoping this Get-Together gives eveyone a good reason to come on out there and have some fun!!
Iceballs, you can bet I'm with you  here,,but I want to catch fish, I want to fish a lk with potential, not a 10 foot pond ..I will likely go to where the fish are big and plenty.. this is why I recommend the bigger lakes. Sylvan looks like a candidate (i never been there) Greenwood lk. is likely the best place for a meet on ice.The lks in Sullivan  county worthy of tripping for fishing usually have limited public access. If it gets cold and stays cold enough, my vote would be Greenwood lk

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Snowden..... sorry, Greenwood Lk. is not in the running for this years' get-tgether.  Maybe next year.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #102 on: Dec 27, 2013, 02:08 AM »
I've pulled allot of perch and some nice walleye out of whites over the years. Some nice crappie as well.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Dec 27, 2013, 04:15 AM »
I've pulled allot of perch and some nice walleye out of whites over the years. Some nice crappie as well.
caught plenty of panfish and bass out of White pond (all tiny)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Dec 27, 2013, 06:16 AM »
Bass have all been small as well as some pickerel.

Offline iceman99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Are we going for # or size in our vote.

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
« Reply #106 on: Dec 27, 2013, 11:32 AM »
Is this going to happen or what ?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Dec 27, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Are we going for # or size in our vote.

LET'S GET OUR PRIORITIES IN LINE...........

This Get-Together is NOT ABOUT HOW MANY FISH OR HOW LARGE FISH we can catch on that day!!!

Our purpose in meeting is to meet each other, have some fun, exchange ideas and techniques, and cook some good vittles out on the ice.

If you are coming JUST to "Meat-Fish"......... STAY HOME !!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Dec 27, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Is this going to happen or what ?

This Get Together will DEFINITELY happen !!!

On Jan. 1, all votes will be counted and a lake will be selected.

The suggested date for the Get Together is JANUARY 19th.   If that date is cancelled by weather, or bad ice... I am now suggesting that we postpone until FEBRUARY 15, and hold the Get together at the HIGHLAND LAKE TOURNAMENT.

ALL IN FAVOR....PLEASE COMMENT!!!   IF YOU HAVE NOT VOTED FOR A LAKE....DO IT NOW !!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #109 on: Dec 28, 2013, 05:22 AM »
The new back up date works better for me working in the retail sector it is hard to get consecutive Sundays off,also eats into my paycheck.(I get time and one half pay on Sundays.) If you have info. on the Highland Lake contest send it to Adk Roy to see if he can put into thread he has stickied on top of page one of this community. (Swan Lake and Hurleyville Fire dept. contests.) What is the registration cost and where is nearest bait shop?
I will put in a request on Sunday to have both dates off from work.
Steve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #110 on: Dec 28, 2013, 02:08 PM »
I'm in favor- wont have any conflicts this year!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Dec 28, 2013, 02:55 PM »
The new back up date works better for me working in the retail sector it is hard to get consecutive Sundays off,also eats into my paycheck.(I get time and one half pay on Sundays.) If you have info. on the Highland Lake contest send it to Adk Roy to see if he can put into thread he has stickied on top of page one of this community. (Swan Lake and Hurleyville Fire dept. contests.) What is the registration cost and where is nearest bait shop?
I will put in a request on Sunday to have both dates off from work.
Steve

The Highland Lake Tournament is run by The Mahogany Ridge Hunting & Fishing Club and they do a really nice job on it.  Registration cost is about $15 or $20, which includes a relly nice lunch spread of Burgers, Franks, Hot soups, and other hot specialties.. alll at no additional cost.  No need to go looking for a bait shop either.....fresh minnows (1 Doz. per man) are included with your registration fee..... you can buy additional minnows if you want.  Every year they raffle off a couple of new rifles too.  Contest headquarters are at the Sand Beach Bar at Highland Lake, which has a huge parking lot and direct access to the lake itself.

Even if we don't hold our actual meeting here, it's a fun contest with prizes and trophies.  You should try to make it at least once.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Dec 28, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Three inches on whites this morning.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "SOUTHEAST NY GET-TOGETHER" (LAST CALL FOR VOTES !!!)
« Reply #113 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:41 PM »
LAST CHANCE TO CAST YOUR VOTE FOR THE LAKE OF YOUR CHOICE FOR OUR 2014 GET-TOGETHER !!

SO FAR:

Lake Huntington                     10 votes

White Pond                             7 votes

Sylvan Lake                           6 votes

Sodom Res. & Lake Superior    "0" votes

Voting is over on Dec.31.     Last chance for those interested in attending our SE NY Get Together !!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:48 PM »
FYI : Sylvan was just beginning to skim in the shallow areas and whites had 3 inches before the rain.

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:02 PM »
I can't wait for some of my secret haunts to refreeze, nothing like safe ice and warm weather (literally speaking) ;D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #116 on: Dec 30, 2013, 11:38 AM »
I think one of the reasons why this fizzled out last year is because we kept pushing the date back further and further. I think we should all try to make it on the 19th and if people can't there's nothing that says we can't do a second get together in February!

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Dec 30, 2013, 05:41 PM »
I think one of the reasons why this fizzled out last year is because we kept pushing the date back further and further. I think we should all try to make it on the 19th and if people can't there's nothing that says we can't do a second get together in February!
I think last year was too warm between the freeze weather.. not so this year so far.. i would enjoy a meet but, only if I can wing it on whatever date .. it would be fun if it happens,, on whatever lk. on whatever the date. Safe ice is looking good from here on..  I have certain weekends I work so..it is a hit or miss for me.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Last years' meet didn't work out because of a bad weather report that scared off the 20 or more people that said they were "Definitely" coming.     The six of us who did not pay attention to that report had a good time and caught some fish !!

If I had a $1 for everry WRONG WEATHER FORECAST......... I'd have PLENTY of $$$$$$$$$$   !!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
« Reply #119 on: Dec 30, 2013, 11:51 PM »
hey Rodger, if you had the $$$$$$$$ for the weather, could i have 30 persent????          lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.