Author Topic: Blackstrap 2013/14  (Read 51519 times)

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
Re: Blackstrap 2013/14
« Reply #330 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:10 PM »
Uphill both ways? ;D

gman51

« Reply #331 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:17 PM »
no hills, i am lucky.

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #332 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:14 PM »
u only got a and auger rip or did u mean a power auger

Offline fishn4evr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I catch what you wish you caught
« Reply #333 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:49 PM »
was out today, still slow, lots of fish on sonar. caught 6 keeper perch, tossed a few back and tossed 3 small wallys back. sure hope strap picks up. but headed to turtle lake for the weekend where the wallys will come fast and hard!!
"you cant catch if your lines not in the water"

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #334 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:02 PM »
caught a few small perch and a 26" pike just north of the cause way in 15 fow. It stared at the minnow for half an hour. I missed one bite when the rod was on ice. Then it finally committed when the bait is slowly raised, but not before several such tries.

Offline maxman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #335 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:58 PM »
I know that shacks have to off on saturday no problem there but can a person leave the shack in the parking lot at the boat launch south side without getting a ticket for littering lol. Was wanting to fish till dark saturday but would rather not drive home withit in the back of the truck that night.  And if I dont get down there early sunday to get it can they issue a ticket or do they turn a blind eye to it

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #336 on: Mar 12, 2014, 10:14 PM »
just guessing don't take my word for it but far as I know you can leave them on shore. the park would be the ones to issue the ticket I would think. but like I say just guessing.

Offline Broom Jockey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #337 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I know that shacks have to off on saturday no problem there but can a person leave the shack in the parking lot at the boat launch south side without getting a ticket for littering lol. Was wanting to fish till dark saturday but would rather not drive home withit in the back of the truck that night.  And if I dont get down there early sunday to get it can they issue a ticket or do they turn a blind eye to it

Personally I wouldn't, the p-lot is in a provincial park and subject to the rules pertaining to them.  That being said, the shacks that are left on shore at the north end are on crown land and could be removed at any time at the Provinces discretion.  They typically turn a blind eye to those ones, so who knows?  Rolling the dice either way I guess.  Let us know how it works out for you.
Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies.

gman51

« Reply #338 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:07 PM »
why take the chance.......... really for an extra couple hours fishing?  these are usually the type of decision's people regret.

Offline Captainmorgan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I don't believe anything on this forum
« Reply #339 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:26 PM »
Out for a few hours this afternoon. Buddy pulled in a few pike while I chased my kid around. 10 fow

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #340 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Check your shacks guys... our shack at evans road got broken into, there was tonnes of stuff in there but all they took was booze and the cd player. Left my buddies rods and tackle, left the bose speakers and everything. They rammed an ice spud right through the door and pried the hasp off. Hopefully everyone else's shacks are good to go.

Offline goldenrod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #341 on: Mar 14, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Probably the same a**holes that broke my door and the neighbor's a few weeks ago at the north end. Same thing, didn't take or wreck anything but the lock.

Offline fishn4evr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #342 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Check your shacks guys... our shack at evans road got broken into, there was tonnes of stuff in there but all they took was booze and the cd player. Left my buddies rods and tackle, left the bose speakers and everything. They rammed an ice spud right through the door and pried the hasp off. Hopefully everyone else's shacks are good to go.

I was out weds, and there was a guy near the boat launch ( brown shack) who said his shack was broke into, he said just 4 ice fishing rods were taken. some people have no respect, locks only keep out the honest people.

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #343 on: Mar 15, 2014, 12:46 AM »
I can't believe that some people leave their fishing stuff in their shacks!!! Only thing I leave behind is the Vodka fumes!!! Lol. But really, your just too close to the big city leaving your gear in your shack!!!

gman51

« Reply #344 on: Mar 15, 2014, 06:23 AM »
X2  common sense

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #345 on: Mar 15, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Only thing that is left in my shack is a small amount of firewood, just in case something happens to someone. I also have 2 big windows so people can look in and see there's nothing in there. I wouldn't leave even a hook in there. Too many a@@holes out there.

Offline Mastercaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #346 on: Mar 15, 2014, 01:13 PM »
This is my first year ice fishing and I'm just wondering when do you guys stop driving on the ice? I know there's still a lot of thick ice at blackstrap, but I was out last weekend and it was really starting to crack as the temp went above freezing. I know the ice gets soft before the levels go down, should I be cautious?

Offline fishn4evr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #347 on: Mar 15, 2014, 03:39 PM »
This is my first year ice fishing and I'm just wondering when do you guys stop driving on the ice? I know there's still a lot of thick ice at blackstrap, but I was out last weekend and it was really starting to crack as the temp went above freezing. I know the ice gets soft before the levels go down, should I be cautious?

theres 4+ ft of ice on strap, I wouldn't worry about the ice. ill be driving right up to the last day of fishing. ive been on lakes when there was 8" of water on top and its still good

Offline maxman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #348 on: Mar 15, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Cant believe all this breaking in stuff. Mine was very close to the brown on and it was not touched. Guess I am lucky but really all the would get is a 50 dollar tv if the went into it.

gman51

« Reply #349 on: Mar 15, 2014, 07:02 PM »
whats not to believe, unless you've been living under a rock all your life. this has been going on for years. and will continue to happen. so dont leave nothing for them. you might have to replace a latch,window,or a door now and again.its about all you can do.

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #350 on: Mar 16, 2014, 11:15 AM »
Nails in a piece of plywood inside the door will stop any thief. 

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #351 on: Mar 16, 2014, 11:35 AM »
How does one get on at Shields pumphouse?  I know where it is, but I have only ever accessed Blackstrap from the north end, and have very poor success.  I keep reading on here that people have good luck with perch near Shields pumphouse.  Can you drive on there, or do you drive on from the north end and just drive on the ice to shields. 

Offline jigapoolza

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #352 on: Mar 16, 2014, 12:00 PM »
As far as I know you have to drive on at the north end. That's what I was doing it was a long rough ride . It might be better now havnt been out since it warmed up not sure about that though

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #353 on: Mar 16, 2014, 02:49 PM »
i drive on at the pumphouse lots provided the conditions are ok. they put a rock there last summer to try to deter people from driving on there but if you have enough clearance or the snow is ok u can still get on there. 

If you out a nail strip in your doorway id be getting a call about a fire out here cause im sure they would torch your shack.

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #354 on: Mar 16, 2014, 03:55 PM »
Nails in a piece of plywood inside the door will stop any thief.
Nails on a board to the back of their head would be better!!!  ;D

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #355 on: Mar 16, 2014, 04:54 PM »
why talk so dumb???? seriously are we kids here???? grow up. yes it sucks that people cant respect other peoples things and that some people are such a waste of skin. the fact of the matter is the Canadian justice system protects the criminals. and if a guy did anything your the one that ends up in jail r worse. look at the guy that was just stabbed outside bridges. he was trying to do the right thing and help out a guy getting beat on. look where that got him. nowadays its better to keep to yourself. its sure changing society from how it was and still is down in the southern part of the province where I grew up. you always stopped and helped a person out on the side of the road. up here you would have to worry about getting jumped and stealing your vehicle. just my 2 cents worth.

Offline Blueflamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #356 on: Mar 16, 2014, 05:42 PM »
why talk so dumb???? seriously are we kids here???? grow up. yes it sucks that people cant respect other peoples things and that some people are such a waste of skin. the fact of the matter is the Canadian justice system protects the criminals. and if a guy did anything your the one that ends up in jail r worse. look at the guy that was just stabbed outside bridges. he was trying to do the right thing and help out a guy getting beat on. look where that got him. nowadays its better to keep to yourself. its sure changing society from how it was and still is down in the southern part of the province where I grew up. you always stopped and helped a person out on the side of the road. up here you would have to worry about getting jumped and stealing your vehicle. just my 2 cents worth.

What does this have to do with fishing blackstrap?

Offline Hunter27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #357 on: Mar 16, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Hey guys, finally gonna get on the ice with my 4 y/o tomorrow, just curious where the best place to gt on with a truck is and how thick the ice is? Is the pump house the place to be for perch right now or north end? Only two places I've ever fished on Blackstrap. Thanks in advance

Offline Blueflamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #358 on: Mar 16, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Last time I fished ice was about 40"

Offline mryamaha700

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #359 on: Mar 16, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Can a guy still make it through without an auger extension? Gonna try the north end for some perch tomorrow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.