The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who uses this Lake Chip?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Who uses this Lake Chip?
« on: Nov 22, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Hey guys, i was looking on another site and found a link to this chip: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-water/maps/on-the-water-maps/inland-waters/upper-midwest-fishing-guide/prod106922.html

It's called the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide.. and for someone like me in Ottertail County, I am yet to find a better chip with coverage on so many lakes in my area! I am just curious as to whether anyone else has used this chip in Minnesota?

Also, I currently use a Lowrance HDS 5 and Lowrance Safari GPS.. I am not sure if the Garmin chip will work in these devices.. I emailed Garmin's support but I have not heard anything back yet.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

CI

Go Beavers!

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who uses this Lake Chip?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2013, 08:03 AM »
I have the same chip in my Garmin 78 and It's a great chip with a lot of detail. I fish Big Pine, Little Pine,  Rush and Ottertail in your neck of the woods. My Dad Has the Lakemaster Chip and We have the same detail. I use it on Mille Lacs as well.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2013, 12:44 PM »
I have the same chip in my Garmin 78 and It's a great chip with a lot of detail. I fish Big Pine, Little Pine,  Rush and Ottertail in your neck of the woods. My Dad Has the Lakemaster Chip and We have the same detail. I use it on Mille Lacs as well.

That is nice to know that it has comparable detail as a Lakemaster.. I am now even more curious to know if my Lowrance will read it.. 

Go Beavers!

Offline MN Ryder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2013, 06:30 PM »
I use the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide in my handheld Garmin GSPMap 62st, it shows good lake topo detail & covers a lot of lakes.  Also use the MN DNR lakefinder app.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2013, 07:16 PM »
I use the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide in my handheld Garmin GSPMap 62st, it shows good lake topo detail & covers a lot of lakes.  Also use the MN DNR lakefinder app.

I use the MNDNR Lakefinder as well, but only on my desktop computer. My phone is from the Stone Age, so it definitely can't use the app  :-\

Anyone else use the chip, and does it work in a lowrance?

Go Beavers!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.