« on: Nov 21, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Is their any ice in north east sd
Dry side of the ice

Offline Greasy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Only in my drink and small sloughs
82 pinto, acid washed levi's, members only jacket, Dekalb stocking hat, and a banana hamock

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Man you guys need to get in the truck and head west for a weekend. That blizzard we had did a lot of bad things, but one good thing it did was set our lakes up to freeze early. We have 4" on the smaller lakes already. I'm still waiting for Black Friday, cuz that's when I planned for my days off work, but more than a few of my friends are heading out this weekend to draw first blood. I'm jealous, but at least I'll know that by then the ice is waaaayyyyy safe. Gotta take the dog.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:25 PM »
What's a good place to start up their for perch and walleye?
Dry side of the ice

Offline jbuss79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Sorry East River guys. What Roy meant to say was that there is no ice here in the West and even if there were the fishing would probably suck anyway *wink, wink*. Just hang in there and keep your eyes open on that side and let us know if you find ice but there's nothing going on over here so no need to drive over.

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2013, 10:22 PM »
Sorry East River guys. What Roy meant to say was that there is no ice here in the West and even if there were the fishing would probably suck anyway *wink, wink*. Just hang in there and keep your eyes open on that side and let us know if you find ice but there's nothing going on over here so no need to drive over.
Lol I wished it wasn't as far or I'd come enjoy some of the none ice covered lakes you guys have!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2013, 08:42 AM »
just one lead would be good
Dry side of the ice

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2013, 09:41 AM »
just one lead would be good

its going to be a few weeks yet before we have safe fishable ice in NE SD

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2013, 10:07 AM »
looking at the weather it dont look too bad  i know the high is like 38  but only for about an hour a day
Dry side of the ice

Offline SD Ice-aholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Should be on ice the weekend of Thanksgiving...
Nearly all medium sized lakes are frozen over now. Last night did wonders.  As long as the wind stays down and the temps stay within the forcast - will have no issues heading out next weekend!
The Hooded Merganser strikes again!!

Offline MapnSD

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Do you wonder whats under all that ice?
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Around the Huron area Lake Byron is iced over (1/4" to 1/2") except where the geese are at. Lake Cavour has 1/4" ice as of today.
Mike

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2013, 10:45 PM »
Forecast looks good anybody fished Roy lake??
Dry side of the ice

Offline SD Ice-aholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2013, 11:05 PM »
3 inches on big stone lake. Only ventured out about 100 yards with the spud bar. Didn't mark anything, just had to scratch the itch- you know?? Felt amazing!!

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 PM »
That 3'' should be 7or 8'' no time
Dry side of the ice

Offline SD Ice-aholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2013, 11:14 PM »
As long as the forecast temp stay true and there is no wind, we should have atv's on the ice by mid-December!

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2013, 11:16 PM »
I am thinking about coming that way on Thurs or Friday.  Guess we will have to see how it gos
Dry side of the ice

Offline SD Ice-aholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:39 AM »
I am sure that by Thurs/Friday there will be many portables scattered in the bays of Bitter Lake.  I will be jumping from lake to lake thursday and Friday checking ice thickness and scouting around a little.  Maybe drop a line or two on Sunday and Monday. 

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:52 AM »
What's a good place to start up their for perch and walleye?
Sheridan and Deerfield are the good perch lakes. They're also deep, so they take a little longer to close up. Roubaix has perch, and it is prolly safe now. I don't fish much for walleye through ice, the walleye lakes are further away. Cheaper to stick to perch, for me. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Average temp for tuesday 13.5
Dry side of the ice

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:43 PM »
I have Wednesday off. I'm going to drive around the Hills and do some scouting for absolutely safe, fishable ice. Once I have that info I will post everything, including my tips for fishing those spots for out-of-staters. No secrets, we're all in this together. I have an Ice Shanty Militia flag finally, and I will be displaying it this year, so if anyone sees it, feel free to drop in for a cold one and a hello. I will have the stickers on my green Tahoe also. It says Champion Boats on the rear windows, cuz Champion Boats are no longer made and I am lucky to own one.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline jgouldin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 25, 2013, 08:48 PM »
Sheridan and Deerfield are the good perch lakes. They're also deep, so they take a little longer to close up. Roubaix has perch, and it is prolly safe now. I don't fish much for walleye through ice, the walleye lakes are further away. Cheaper to stick to perch, for me. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Walleyes are harder to catch over here angostura has lots of big ones but unless you really know how to catch them on the hard water you wont catch any (still have not got one)  Orman is year to year some years you can catch as many as you want and really nice ones some years they are really hard to come by (lots of perch in orman also.  Tell you the truth from the rapid Sturgis area I go to mobridge 4 to 6 times a year for walleye pike and anything else that bites.  Shadehill is also a lake I think I might try again this year did good in my only trip last year and had an amazing trip in the boat this year.
Gouldin

Offline moab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:17 PM »
rest of the week looks colder and no precip..should be good ice making weather!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.