Author Topic: Bobhouse weight  (Read 746 times)

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bobhouse weight
« on: Nov 21, 2013, 03:20 PM »
was wondering how much everyone's bob houses weigh. Im considering building one but most of the time I fish by myself. so I don't want to build one that is to heavy to move but also don't want one to small so that others that do show cant fit in. was considering a 1x1 walls and 2x4 floor

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bobhouse weight
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2013, 04:37 PM »
was wondering how much everyone's bob houses weigh. Im considering building one but most of the time I fish by myself. so I don't want to build one that is to heavy to move but also don't want one to small so that others that do show cant fit in. was considering a 1x1 walls and 2x4 floor
Assuming it is 2x4 construction with 1/2" cdx plywood walls, floor and roof system with shingles and 2x8 floor joists....use 13 PSF as a multiplier.

If you are constructing as you described, use 8 PSF as a multiplier. Hope this helps:)

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Mine is framed with 2 by stock milled down to 2 inches. 2 foot on center. 2 by 4 rafters with strapping and metal roofing screwed into straping. 2 by 4 floor with 3/4 advantech. Insulated with 2 inch foam and lexan windows. Think light. Good luck.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:37 PM »
The formula you used were pretty close dispy,According to my 4x8 w/2" studs and 2x4 flooring framing with 3/8 sheathing.It weighs 260lbs w/ 2X12 X10 skis.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2013, 09:32 AM »
The formula you used were pretty close dispy,According to my 4x8 w/2" studs and 2x4 flooring framing with 3/8 sheathing.It weighs 260lbs w/ 2X12 X10 skis.
:thumbsup:

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2013, 09:44 AM »

Hey dispy,

Curious on that formula, how did you come up with that? from past experiences or guess.......or both.
  pretty cool either way.
  Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2013, 10:35 AM »
Hey dispy,

Curious on that formula, how did you come up with that? from past experiences or guess.......or both.
  pretty cool either way.
  Jimmy
Many years as a developer/builder ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.