The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ND Info  (Read 1045 times)

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
ND Info
« on: Nov 20, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Guys,
Couple of IS Ohio guys here planning a trip to Devils Lake for perch through the ice. What's the best way to tackle it?? Guide?? Sleeper house?? Or what. When is typically the best time to hit the ice for perch?? Are we able to bring shanties and pull them out?? Or is there a lot of travel?? If a guide is best who can work to get us some jumbos and not just drop us off. Are cameras good at DL?? Do I need to bring my gas auger or will they be supplied for the group?? Any and all input is appreciated tia PS

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ND Info
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2013, 09:01 AM »
New area to you, traveling a long distance...get a guide!  At least for first day or two....  Early and late ice is best perch times  ie December and March.  Perch are a lot harder to get to bite in mid winter.  Yes you have to be able to move to find perch.  Cameras always good for perch fishing...  Id bring two augers incase one doesnt work!

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2013, 01:25 PM »
PM SENT :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Woodland Resort in Devils Lake does guide services through Perch Patrol and has rental equipment and houses, as far as I know no one does sleeper houses on Devils lake. Perch Patrol has a pretty good rep and even the pro's use them to get a feel for the lake, youtube them and watch some videos [ Invalid YouTube link ]perch+patrol&sm=3   As corny13 said get a guide for a day or 2 then go on your own with your own equipment.  For early ice ATV's are best, watch out for the thin spots!

http://www.woodlandresort.com/   They do package deals with Perch Patrol

http://www.perchpatrol.com/staff.htm

Offline nodakclam19

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If ya can't catch em, break out the beer.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2013, 02:28 AM »
just as seismec said, perch patrol, perch eye's, or woodland resort will all get you on great perch fishing. Come the first weekend in December for the best bite you'll see until march.
Fall: Duck/Pheasant/Bow Hunting
Winter: Hardwater Fishing
Spring: Snow Goose Hunting
Summer: Musky/Walleye Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.