Author Topic: This site has a rod building section???  (Read 713 times)

Offline Big-D

• IceShanty Rookie
This site has a rod building section???
« on: Nov 18, 2013, 02:05 PM »
While performing my daily peruse of the site I learned, accidentally, through another post that this site offers a rod building section!?!? It is located under "IceShanty Main", then "Ice Fishing Tips - Check your local regulations,", then "jigging", then "Rod building" under the "Child boards"????? As a beginning builder (1.5 yrs.) I would have loved to look at this section, but due to its placement I didn't know it existed.

Can the moderators please move this so others don't suffer the same fate as I? I think that moving this to a more prominent, intuitive, location would improve the site and increase site visits as rod building is becoming increasingly popular. You do a great job mod's, no disrespect, just trying to improve on things.

Thanks, Dave
Dave
The Ranger School 2003
SUNY ESF 2005

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: This site has a rod building section???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:18 PM »
I had no problem finding it while scrolling through the forum list.  ;)2

I's no different than the fishing with electronics and ice auger sections under the equipment section.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:27 PM »
Uh....If I can find it in the am BEFORE I have all my cawfee, it can't be too hard.  :blink:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Big-D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2013, 04:25 PM »
With several thousand posts each perhaps you guys are more familiar with the site than I am...  Do you get to the rod building forum via the path I outlined in the original post, or is their an easier way to get there that I have overlooked? If the latter, then I maintain my opinion that it is not that intuitive to find.
Dave
The Ranger School 2003
SUNY ESF 2005

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2013, 05:02 PM »
With several thousand posts each perhaps you guys are more familiar with the site than I am...  Do you get to the rod building forum via the path I outlined in the original post, or is their an easier way to get there that I have overlooked? If the latter, then I maintain my opinion that it is not that intuitive to find.

That's an honest enough question....I really don't remember how I ended up on it, but somehow I arrived there. Probably boinking around posts and ran into it....it does get easier, the more ya use the site. Maybe if enough folks agree they could give it it's own heading.  Oh, and even though you're not wet-behind-the ears new, welcome to the site! :)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2013, 06:39 PM »
I get there from the IceShanty Main menu: http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php#c1
I scroll down until I hit the jigging forum and access it from the rod building link just below the link to the jigging forum.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.