Author Topic: New Tip-Up Flags!!!  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
New Tip-Up Flags!!!
« on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:12 PM »

I think these flags are gonna work great...Especially for night fishing..  Imagine coming outa the shack in the middle of the night and shining the light on these.. Man I can't wait for Ice.....

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Tip-Up Flags!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:14 PM »
 :clap:

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:54 PM »
They look great. No chance of missing them. :)
Hopefully they be up regularly for you.  :tipup:

WW  

Offline JeBa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2005, 09:46 AM »
Look great!
Did you buy them or make them yourself?

Jeff

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2005, 10:13 AM »
Look great!
Did you buy them or make them yourself?

Jeff
I made them, the material was a little pricey, but I think there gonna work good...

Offline NorthwoodsIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2005, 10:27 AM »
You just have to spill the beans on the material, It could be worse if we wanted your honey hole location, but flags, I want them.  ;D
Welcome to the Northwoods! Grab a Leinenkugel's!

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2005, 02:02 PM »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:50 PM »
YOWZA .... let me get my sunglasses out !  Those flags are AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tip-UpTommer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:17 PM »
I use reflective automobile tabe for my tip up flags for walleye fishin'. i had a problem with them becoming brittle this past winter though when it got real cold and they were breaking off. but you can definately see them in the dark with just a little light from a flashlight.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2005, 07:01 AM »
Tipup Tommer,
  I used the same thing last year and you are right...when it gets really cold the tape gets brittle.  I was thinking you could always buy one of those flourescent orange reflective jogging vests or safety vests.  The usually have orange fabric and then stripes of reflective material sew to it.  I would guess just cut the vest apart and attach as usual.

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2005, 09:39 AM »
I just put new flags on my tip-ups this year.  I went down to the hardware store and bought one of those road-construction flags (the kind that waive drivers along).  The material seems to be just right, nice and bright orange with threads sewn in for support.  Cut those up into whatever size i needed and crazy-glued them on (making sure i made contact with the metal strip and doubled on the flag material). I then put strips of reflective tape on the flags and then near the trigger, so when a flag goes off, I'll see a nice seperation between the tip-up and flag.  Hope it works!!!

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2005, 06:08 AM »
I then put strips of reflective tape on the flags and then near the trigger, so when a flag goes off, I'll see a nice seperation between the tip-up and flag

Good idea! Before I switched over to the Omni Strike lights, I used tape but did it slightly differently. I placed the strips of tape on the flags so that when the flag was down, the tape would be horizontal. When the flag popped, the tape was then vertical... Easy to spot the difference whan scanning the tip ups with a light ;)

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:39 PM »
I thought this was a good idea and was bored waiting for ice so here is mine.

I placed a small strip about where the flag is when it hasnt been tripped.  That way it is easier to tell when it is tripped.

To the far right is my spare spools, found them at Willeys in Ellsworth one year for about $15 already on the stick.

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:47 PM »
I got my reflective material that I make my flags with for free. I went to one of my local sign places and asked for the scrap material they use to make highway and roadway signs. There is nothing on the planet more reflective and you can get it in just about any color you want although the standard green and white that most highway sings are made out of is most common. Also the amber or yellow orange color that RUGERGUNZ has got there is easy to get also. Its got a sticky back and is very simple to make flags out of. I carry extra to make new ones in the field if need be. Cant beat free and the stuff will blind you kinda like Caroga kids flags.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.