Author Topic: Tricked out 5gal bucket  (Read 1589 times)

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
Tricked out 5gal bucket
« on: Nov 09, 2013, 08:48 PM »
I'm looking for some pic of tricked out buckets I'm thinking of making one for late day trips Just looking for some ideas Thanks

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tricked out 5gal bucket
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013, 08:18 AM »
I dont have any pics of mine but I put some pvc pipe attached to the outside of my bucket to hold my jiggin rods,I also have one of those bucket caddys that holds my jig boxes and other stuff and I use one of those stadium chairs to sit on,the bucket I have is much bigger than a 5 gal,not sure how much it would hold but way more than 5 gal, the bucket had chlorine in it so you may be able to locate one, I like it because its higher than a 5 gal and is much more comfy to sit on,if you are on the tall side these buckets are better because there higher,if you go with the bucket caddy shop around and buy the one that has the pockets that will fit your gear there are all differant kinds to choose from good luck,I plan on mounting an old snowboard to mine so I dont have to carry it this year

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2013, 11:09 AM »
how about golf club protectors mounted upside down so rod tips face down? some use pvc. i would look into pex if it were me using three anchor spots.
put a notch at top to keep rod from turning.
drill access holes for each screw/bolt hole to be able to screw in the bolt/screw into the bucket and or nut inside bucket.

how about 5 gal tool pouch/holder or build your own pouches?

how about sticking one smaller inside one or more bigger ones or put rods thru outer one to hold inner one up and off of things on the bottom of the outer bucket? extend the outer bucket handle or make one to go over inner bucket.

i have taken the bottom from one 5 gal bucket, cut it down to maybe 3-4" and drilled holes out (key hole saw/paddle bit) and set inside upside down for rod holders. it helps if you do not make too many. i'd say 5 would be good. you don't want to crowd them because of the reels room they need. also would be good if you use one of the rod covers made out of mesh or even golf club protectors to keep the tops from tangling. maybe a piece of pex.
you can take the top section of the cut bucket and extend the main buckets height to help protect the rods or to hold more stuff. or to aid in length for the out side rod holders. just take the handle off the extension.
i used parachute cord and drilled 2 holes and ran the cord thru the holes and tied knots to build a handle to be able to remove the bottom rod holder. it can be used to stow smaller item under it like reserve ice kleets, hand warmer, small towels, ect. depends on how tall of one you make.
if you want it to come out easier, then cut some slits out where you cut it down to size or make fingers/notches.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2013, 12:15 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=245266.msg2490171#msg2490171

This is just something i came up with last year. It's by far one of the most useful thing's I made last season.

Go Beavers!

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2013, 12:56 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=245266.msg2490171#msg2490171

This is just something i came up with last year. It's by far one of the most useful thing's I made last season.

Love that idea of the rattle wheel in the bucket.  That could be made next weekend I think....

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2013, 02:29 PM »
after I thought about it, next time, I would put it on a hinge.. that way I can flip it out of the bucket and still use the bucket for storage..

Go Beavers!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2013, 04:06 PM »
The only mod I have made...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2013, 04:43 PM »

My wife would love that one.
<===Lefty===

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2013, 06:13 PM »

You forgot to put the garbage bag in it. ;D

Offline PaperMouthPersuer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Everyone needs one of those!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2013, 08:25 PM »
looks like it needs cleaned again....  missed a little spot in there. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.