Author Topic: Buffalo pound lake  (Read 63643 times)

Offline Mj1987

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Buffalo pound lake
« Reply #180 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Where abouts is the burnt shack?

Offline Slamhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #181 on: Mar 04, 2014, 09:12 PM »
The pile of sharpnal pretty much straight across from loneys boat launch
SLAMMMM!!!! nailed it 🐟

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #182 on: Mar 05, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Fished the causeway from 7-12, only managed 2 dogs and a pike between two of us.

Moved down to Loneys, not a bite.  Saw lots on the flasher just not hungry.
Blake from Elbow

Offline Mj1987

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Mar 07, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Should be fun gettin shacks off come the 15th once it starts to warm up. A guy from Moose Jaw is bringing a snowcat out to help ppl get their shacks off, I'm not sure what he's charging but if anyone wants to go that route instead of beating their trucks up give him a call at 1-306-630-4111

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #184 on: Mar 07, 2014, 10:21 PM »
I would imagine co's will be understanding as the ice is so thick I know on Broderick I had a tractor out first week of April to remove shack and wasnt fined.

Offline lincoln1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #185 on: Mar 08, 2014, 02:29 AM »
they wont do crap and that garbage will be at the bottom of our lake...who ever owns the shack should grow a sack go out there and get the rubble that belongs to them...but we all know that will never happen...who ever owns it will see it as "someone else's problem now'

Offline Jambla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #186 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Got the shack drug off the pound this morning! About a foot of snow on the ice. Thanks to whoever blazed the first trail! The duratracs earned there keep once again!

Offline Les Star

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #187 on: Mar 08, 2014, 12:13 PM »
Planning to head out to the Prov park around noon sunday. Anybody else use the access there lately?

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #188 on: Mar 08, 2014, 12:15 PM »
I was out there before the last round of snow. Unless a big truck or tractor had cleared the launch it will be a tough go
Blake from Elbow

Offline Les Star

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #189 on: Mar 08, 2014, 12:26 PM »
Thanks!! I will scope it out. I will have my black Dodge with a topper and with this info a trailer with my snow machine.ha ha Stop by if your out.

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #190 on: Mar 09, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Fished from 1-530 yesterday. Marked a ton of fish but they were pretty tight lipped. Managed a few dogs and a good tan anyways.

Blake from Elbow

Offline Les Star

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Mar 09, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Got a trail opened up at the park. Had a great day my bro inlaw caught his first ever fish a 7lb Pike and broke my perch rod. Planing to go out Tuesday again but solo so I can relax.

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #192 on: Mar 10, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Hope the bite picks up for the weekend again on Sunday lots of lookers not many takers. Kids are getting pumped for the wildlife derby on Saturday.
Blake from Elbow

Offline Les Star

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #193 on: Mar 10, 2014, 08:47 PM »
I didn't know if it was slow or if I had my hands full with the guests. We caught a couple nice pike and 3 small perch, lots on the screen and flasher just not hungry. I'm going to try LML tomorrow then bring my oldest and wife to the derby on the weekend.

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #194 on: Mar 11, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Maybe the bite will pick up on Saturday for the kids and families coming out to the derby.  It would be nice to see them catch a bunch of fish!
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline Les Star

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #195 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Had a great day yesterday the bite is defiantly back on.

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #196 on: Mar 15, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Big thanks to the organizers and group that ran the wildlife derby today. Kids had a blast, and all kids left with more than they came with.  Our group was fortunate enough to take away some great prizes.

We fished until 6 and had 9 more flags and a few on the rod. All in all best day this season on the ice.
Blake from Elbow

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #197 on: Mar 17, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Big thanks to the organizers and group that ran the wildlife derby today. Kids had a blast, and all kids left with more than they came with.  Our group was fortunate enough to take away some great prizes.

We fished until 6 and had 9 more flags and a few on the rod. All in all best day this season on the ice.

Glad to hear that you all had a great time at the derby.  My outdoor ed class had a great time seeing all the kids bringing their fish into the measuring station.  We were happy that the fish read the memo and showed up hungry and willing to bite.  I posted some pictures to the MJWF facebook page if you want to check them out. 

We look forward to seeing everyone out next year for some more family fun on the ice.
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #198 on: Mar 31, 2014, 12:56 PM »

Had a good last day on the ice. We caught 5 pike. 12 lbs being the biggest.
Blake from Elbow

Offline Extreme Sask Angling

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
« Reply #199 on: Nov 02, 2014, 08:46 PM »
Well last year I was on the ice on the 18th! Let's see how this year goes!
The ice angler is a different breed of fisherman. Undeterred by distance, daylight or degrees, these warriors go to extreme measures to chase down the fish attempting to wait out winter below the frozen surface. Through 10-inch holes positioned amidst miles of ice they engage the elusive walleye one-by-one, yeah it's crazy, and some may never understand it.

Offline Icebubble

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #200 on: Nov 07, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Any predictions on when the pound will be locked up?  I am guessing the 27th. of November, walkable ice on December 7th!

Offline Slamhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #201 on: Nov 11, 2014, 11:46 AM »
The pound has some ice on it
SLAMMMM!!!! nailed it 🐟

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
« Reply #202 on: Nov 11, 2014, 02:37 PM »
Good to hear! All I need is a good 6 or more inches and I'm out there! Aiming for the 21st!
The ice angler is a different breed of fisherman. Undeterred by distance, daylight or degrees, these warriors go to extreme measures to chase down the fish attempting to wait out winter below the frozen surface. Through 10-inch holes positioned amidst miles of ice they engage the elusive walleye one-by-one, yeah it's crazy, and some may never understand it.

Offline Slamhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #203 on: Nov 11, 2014, 08:32 PM »
If weather stays cool should be out by Saturday only need 3 good inches to walk out
SLAMMMM!!!! nailed it 🐟

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
« Reply #204 on: Nov 11, 2014, 10:19 PM »
It's times like this I wish I still owned my hand auger! Haha

Offline lloyd800

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #205 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:05 AM »
Pound is locked up with about 3" near the cosway this morning. A few more cold nights like they're predicting she'll be safe soon! Bring on the hard water!!
A bad day of fishing beats a good day of work.

Catch all the beer, drink all the fish. YEE YEE!

Offline Icebubble

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #206 on: Nov 13, 2014, 05:50 PM »
I received word from a reliable source that it had recently skimmed over?  That 3" you speak of, is that just at the cosway?

Offline FrostBack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Vegetarian: Cree word meaning poor hunter!
« Reply #207 on: Nov 13, 2014, 06:08 PM »
The cosway is usually the last place to freeze over because of the current. If there is 3" at the cosway the rest of the lake should be good to go, but I don't believe it would be that thick yet.

The difference between an 8" hole and a 10" hole is.....a 10" hole will usually give you your boot back!

In the food chain of life...its not good to be referred to as: "a good eating size".

Offline Icebubble

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #208 on: Nov 13, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Perfect, thanks for the tip.  I won't be out there anyways until the end of November,  but im sure you know that itch is hard to tame

Offline Slamhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #209 on: Nov 14, 2014, 11:28 AM »
There is no current threw the causeway this year that was the first area to freeze up was down there I was out in front of south lake resort yesterday chipped a hole good 3 inches probly going to go out today drop a line try slam something after -20 last night should be good for walking I'll post if I head out but tomorrows a forsure day to head out inserch of early ice eyes
SLAMMMM!!!! nailed it 🐟

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.