Author Topic: BLUE TIPZ  (Read 16676 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: BLUE TIPZ
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2014, 08:28 AM »
Thanks, I will get some coming! :thumbsup:

Offline Fuzzybunny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I just picked up 3 of these today and tried them out this evening.  Farthest tip up was 80 yds away and it worked just fine.  Going to test them thursday at longer ranges.  So far, I'm happy.   :tipup:
I have a moto x running kitkat.

Offline rabbittrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:05 PM »
what is the app called?

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:20 PM »
what is the app called?

BlueTipz I believe is what it's called. I downloaded the app on my Galaxy S4 phone to find out if they would work with my phone before buying one to try out. Not supported on my phone at this time. I guess I will wait until my phone has a update available to try it out.

Offline Fuzzybunny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2014, 09:24 AM »
BlueTipz I believe is what it's called. I downloaded the app on my Galaxy S4 phone to find out if they would work with my phone before buying one to try out. Not supported on my phone at this time. I guess I will wait until my phone has a update available to try it out.

Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on before trying to scan.  If it works with your phone it should ask if you'd like to add device.  I get the message that BLE is not supported if I don't have BT on, even though they work on my phone.  If your phone supports BT 4.0 it should work.

Offline rabbittrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:36 PM »
ok thanks

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on before trying to scan.  If it works with your phone it should ask if you'd like to add device.  I get the message that BLE is not supported if I don't have BT on, even though they work on my phone.  If your phone supports BT 4.0 it should work.

Thanks a lot. I wasn't thinking about that lol. Maybe now I will give one a try for night fishing.

Offline Kato_3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 23, 2014, 06:28 PM »
Just picked one up the other day. My galaxy note 2 said it didn't support Bluetooth Low Energy. I tried it anyway and it worked. I was sitting on the couch though so we'll see tomorrow night when I'm out.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Just picked one up the other day. My galaxy note 2 said it didn't support Bluetooth Low Energy. I tried it anyway and it worked. I was sitting on the couch though so we'll see tomorrow night when I'm out.
How did it go Kato?

Offline flipper358

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:54 PM »
How much does one weight? Cant find the specs. on these. I use 40-up tip ups with thin flag wire.

Offline EngineerBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2014, 08:17 AM »
It weights 25 grams (0.8oz). On the thin wire ones you can move it closer to the base to get more leverage.

Offline flipper358

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2014, 11:21 AM »
Thanks for the info. Downloaded the app. and it works. I really like the Pacman alert.

Offline Walleye23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Just a fair warning to anyone planning to use these over 100' away, they don't work! They advertise up to 600', but that's a bunch of BS. I even bought the repeater because I wanted to cover more distance, but the farthest I can get a signal with the repeater is 75'. These are great if you are going to be very close to your tipups, but then what's the point. I was very excited about these and am now very dissapointed! BUYERS BEWARE!

(Report Abuse)

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2015, 07:00 PM »
I have them and have not had this problem. Mine work well over 100 yards (300 ft.) without benefit of the repeater. I really like them and just ordered some more. I have found the company to be extraordinarily responsive to my questions. Have you contacted them for help? They also have several videos about things that affect the range of the transmitters.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 12, 2015, 04:46 AM »
OUCH on the price.  My eyes were free!  The whole thrill of seeing a flag when I look out the shanty window would disappear with this device.  Neat idea, not sold on it.  The skimmer on the other hand looks legit.  Might have to make one of those.
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:00 AM »
OUCH on the price.  My eyes were free!  The whole thrill of seeing a flag when I look out the shanty window would disappear with this device.  Neat idea, not sold on it.  The skimmer on the other hand looks legit.  Might have to make one of those.
The skimmer is deffiently worthit!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Finally picked one up and love it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.