The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The countdown has begun children....2013/2014  (Read 1131 times)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
The countdown has begun children....2013/2014
« on: Nov 03, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Oh how fast ice returns.....

You all should look at that thing hanging on your fridge.....its called a calender.

Do you know what month it is???  Yes.....its November.

Any man worth his wieght in salt knows that we very well could be ice fishing this month.  We were last year.

well, mike was, I got out on 12/1, whats a day between freinds

a review of the first pennsylvanian on ice that last few years

11/27/05
12/9/06
12/3/07
11/22/08
12/11/09
12/8/10
11/30/12

We weren't the first on the ice on that really bad 2011 season that I think someone fished tobyharlem the last week of december

but still, 3 november start dates, hope you boys are ready.

Freddy, whats been good, call you once I see ice.  Tell Joe I'll call him too.  Can you smell monroe, emerald.....

WE got Lake of the Pines (werry lake???) this year, but who knows what that lake is worth.  Polish guy bought a house right on the lake.

Wipe up your drool children, till we see ice.  I'm off to Erie tomorrow.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The countdown has begun children....2013/2014
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2013, 11:13 AM »
Yeah baby; I was waiting for the ice could be here soon report. A little busy with my band and music benefits, but I'm certainly thinking about the ice. In fact I was checking out the action of a slender spoon on a straight line set up before I got on. Going to do a check to see if I remember how to post pics. 22" brown I caught on a local stream with my fly rod. Pete, I can see you rolling your eyes as I let him go....

Some Emerald crappies from bygone days:

Took me a few tries but I think I got it now...Gigging with a friends Band

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Eureka.....I saw it..........I saw it.......and no I'm not talking the pennsylvania mountain lion.

Leisure pond had just the lightest skim ice around the edges.  Its the start necessary.  Gotta crawl before you can walk.

And the countdown continues to that first 2 inches. 

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2013, 07:33 PM »
I have seen some small lakes 2/3 rds covered already.  and some small ponds capped but its gone in the after noon. 

warm up coming later this week in to next week.  might hit 60 a day or 2 next week and several days above freezing even at night.

2 inches.......  that's silly stuff to be walking on.  sorry man in my opinion my young family is more important than the chance at being on first.  besides I still have a freezer that could fit a bear and maybe another deer.   ;D

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2013, 09:17 PM »
accuweather.com looks promising from middle of December on   probably be good to go by the new years for sure most places if their forecast holds true and there is little wind.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline miller time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Can't wait! bring on the ice!

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2013, 01:27 AM »
What do you think guys...  Next weekend, maybe...any optimists out there.

I know mike believe the tiny, wind protected high altitude ponds might be good by Thursday.  Now that's optimism.

If the weatherman is miraculously right, I may start looking for the dream they call ice Saturday, unless mike makes it out Thursday, then I'll be chasin flags Friday.

C'mon you lopezers and bradforders, you should be the ultimate voice of optimism.

Here's to a potential November start to this ice season.

Dr. JM

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2013, 10:40 AM »
I'm not sleeping in the hall but I'm waiting on your call. Ice fishing; I miss you.

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Mike, you might be right.....

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Hopefully the snow will stay away or be light; the temps will be there.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Everthings getting capped here, unfortunately next week they're calling for rain and 40-50s again. however, after that, should be good.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2013, 12:03 AM »
We are two stinking days away from being on the ice.....TWO!!!....And here come the rain.

It wasn't suppose to be like this, what the he!!

I threw some rocks on leisure lake this evening and they were sticking into the ice, not breaking through, I honestly told myself I'd be out Thursday doing what we love.......And here comes the rain.

The tease continues.

Dr. Jm

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Mike, you might be right.....

you doubted me why?  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.