Author Topic: This sucks!  (Read 4875 times)

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
This sucks!
« on: Oct 24, 2013, 02:28 AM »
Last year I was ice fishing and bird hunting at this time.  Looks like bird hunting this hitch off.  Can't wait to head north and spend the first night in the shanty :)
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: This sucks!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Cheer up man there is ice forming around the edges.                     but it will probably melt this afternoon, your right this does suck
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline bullhead bandit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2013, 03:27 PM »
BS! 10 days late as of now.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2013, 05:02 PM »
The wind has been keeping it stirred up too.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Buddy of mine today, IS user IceDipper near Fairbanks fishing a few inches.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2013, 12:24 PM »
There just growing fatter. Itll happen. I know where we can go!

Offline wesak81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2013, 04:10 PM »
this does suck!  forcasting more tropical weather in anchorage and south central alaska.   wished the season would get here sooner! >:(
NOTHING IS BETTER THEN BEING ON THE WATER

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2013, 01:25 PM »
Totally unbelievable, fifty degrees and raining when I left the house this morning. COME ON COLD !!!! :tipup:

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2013, 06:51 PM »
This record warm weather is the fault of Akhardwater and his new hard side, that thing is built so will that it pulls heat in from as far away as Hawaii. if he would have stuck with a soft side portable it would be in the twenties now. 

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2013, 07:04 PM »
You lucky sons of beaches. We won't have ice till Decemberish.
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 PM »
A bay that was 80% ice yesterday melted to less than 20% today. 52 degrees for a high today. Too bad I put my boat away.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2013, 10:54 PM »
Well my wife is happy, she wanted me to stick around this hitch off since I have been on the run since spring.  Next days off there will be ice and I will be wetting a line.  The sox in the world series has eased the pain and made it easier to be at the house for sure  ;)

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2013, 01:12 AM »
Well my wife is happy, she wanted me to stick around this hitch off since I have been on the run since spring.  Next days off there will be ice and I will be wetting a line.  The sox in the world series has eased the pain and made it easier to be at the house for sure  ;)

Don't be watching sports.... you will end up fat, dumb and lazy and smell like Cheetos. ;)

Offline ice cracker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2013, 07:42 AM »
hey stop complaining I gotta wait another month  :'(

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2013, 01:24 PM »
hey stop complaining I gotta wait another month  :'(

You must have a road trip planned, at this rate southern Maine won't have ice till after the new year.

Offline ice cracker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2013, 06:29 PM »
You must have a road trip planned, at this rate southern Maine won't have ice till after the new year.

what are you talking about? the weather has been pretty average. All it takes is a few days to get a couple inches of ice.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2013, 12:34 PM »
GOOD NEWS !!!!  Forecast is for lows in the mid teens next week. At least it is a start. :tipup:

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Inch and a half of snow last night at the lake.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Now you all know how I feel.  Haven't done any fishing what so ever since I left Wisconsin Oct. 2012.  Talk about withdrawls  :'(.  And to think I still wont till after the first of the year when I get the 2014 fishing license.  I'll be a resident this November but will still have to pay non-res. fees.  So, I wait, and wait some more.  Usually opening deer season back in Wisconsin which is the 2nd weekend of november, after filling my tags of course, I'm usually out ice fishing that afternoon.  I too have seen ice forming around the edges over here on Echo where I live but doesn't go any further.  Spent last weekend curing salmon eggs and pickig up other items I'll need and if I can only get a hold of a couple guys on CL who each have a one man flip over tent, I'll be all set.  One won't call me back and the other keeps forgetting to include his contact info every time he posts.  Ohhhhh the pain of it all.  >:(

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 06, 2013, 09:51 PM »
FINALLY ! ! ! Ice forming on my lake and in the low 20's this evening, things are looking up. Just hope the cold keeps up and the snow holds off for awhile.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2013, 06:55 AM »
Mowed the lawn for the last time I hope. Wanted to mulch the leaves and run the gas out of the mower.  ::)
Steve

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2013, 11:22 AM »
   This is really beginning to suck, more freezing rain again this morning. With the weight of the snow and from the freezing rain the lakes are not going to freeze well. First time in a long, long time that I may not be able to be out ice fishing by Thanksgiving. Come on cold !!!    :tipup:

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 14, 2013, 11:32 AM »
It could be worse.....you could live here in Indiana and be waiting for another month and a half!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 14, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Don't be watching sports.... you will end up fat, dumb and lazy and smell like Cheetos. ;)
i resent this statement, i smell like barbeque chips  ;D john  :tipup:

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2013, 10:30 PM »
   This is really beginning to suck, more freezing rain again this morning. With the weight of the snow and from the freezing rain the lakes are not going to freeze well. First time in a long, long time that I may not be able to be out ice fishing by Thanksgiving. Come on cold !!!    :tipup:

I bet you will be on the ice by thanksgiving.  Next week looks like teens for the highs and singles for the lows in the valley area.  We are more than a month behind last year though.

Offline brl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2013, 08:34 AM »
I bet you will be on the ice by thanksgiving.  Next week looks like teens for the highs and singles for the lows in the valley area.  We are more than a month behind last year though.

Good luck this year Ethan!

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2013, 10:50 AM »
     Thanks for the words of inspiration. It was nine degrees when I left the house this morning, so things are looking up. Forecast looks GREAT!!!   :tipup:

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Nov 16, 2013, 07:14 PM »
Just returned from my lake. Five inches of good ice...IT DOESN'T SUCK ANY MORE ! ! ! Highs in the teens and lows around zero, the hardwater season has arrived.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2013, 09:24 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.