Author Topic: last years goto  (Read 783 times)

Offline zombiejigger

• IceShanty Rookie
last years goto
« on: Oct 17, 2013, 08:09 PM »
So... i spent last ice season in Texas building a pipeline. got out once >:(

whats the goto ice gear from last year you wouldn't do without this year? i was just going through last years ice mags and thought i would ask what everyone thinks the best(gear) stuff was from last year. :tipup:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: last years goto
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Last year was a very slow year for Ice fishing in general. But everyone was making their own Automatic fishing devices. I ended up making at least 6 different ones and then after the year was over I settled on one of the simplest designs and will be using it a lot this year. Just hope fishing is better. The Fat Fish by Eskimo Popup Shelters and Shappells Wide House were very popular. I bought the Wide House 5500.
<===Lefty===

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2013, 09:15 PM »
The new FLX 28 is new for electronic s I bought one can't wait to try it
Never to many short poles

Offline H the yeti

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2013, 09:30 PM »
Lefty,
Not sure if you fish for trout but waxies on a # 10 or smaller glow jig did the job last year in Colorado. We never had a slow down w/ multiple ma fish iced out of South park.

As far as the topic... I fell in love with the jawjacker.
Yay4u

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Have to agree with lefty, making my own jacker was cool especially after I got the trigger down and the final product hooked up. Other than that I would have to say the eagle claw inline for the pan fish and the rapala charge n glow for my nite trips
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2013, 10:35 PM »
I will agree with the inline reel stated above. Also really like my frabil jiggler for shallow water pan fish. And I really glad I spent the money and bought done tungsten ice jigs.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2013, 12:19 AM »
Homing my skill with and using larger Salmo Chubby Darter with great results!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Lefty,
Not sure if you fish for trout but waxies on a # 10 or smaller glow jig did the job last year in Colorado. We never had a slow down w/ multiple ma fish iced out of South park.

As far as the topic... I fell in love with the jawjacker.
Went to Antero for the first time with someone that always catches fish there. WE and everyone on the lake was skunked that day. 1 Bite all day.
<===Lefty===

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2013, 01:06 PM »
To me its the inline reels. But most of my fishing is crappie perch and gills. Another thing that showed a lot of promise were the two new augers from jiffy and strike master. The pro 4 performed really well but is heavy. The Honda light from strike master seemed to have a few issues at first but I think they are corrected now.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2013, 02:36 PM »
I can't remember if it came out last year or the year before, but I bought one last year, my Clam Bigfoot XL4000T hub shanty. I couldn't be any happier. It is priced very reasonably, it is absolutely huge inside, it withstood 50mph winds without even a single concern, it heats up really fast and holds heat well, has great windows and gear lofts... the zipper pulls suck and the doors are not the greatest shape/size, but it's light, easy to dry in my bathtub, and I used it no less than 30 times last year and it still looks like new. To be fair, it's my first experience with a hub shanty, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I'm really impressed by the value of this thing.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Having freezing or near freezing temperatures at night for the next few days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.