Author Topic: Flasher Deals?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline xtrymefire

• Team IceShanty Regular
Flasher Deals?
« on: Oct 13, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Me and my 2 or 3 buddies are looking to purchase new flashers this year.  We are looking for a good deal on either Marcum or Vexilar.  Perferably Marcum.  Is there a place where if you order more the better deal you get, does someone have them on closeout or such?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Flasher Deals?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:25 PM »
don't think you will get and retail deals at this time as retailers are now gearing up for the season. someone might have left overs from last year. I know that the Dicks in my area has one  from last season and it is not marked down.

Offline crappie-attitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lizard Lake Fishing Team
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Check out Reeds Sporting Goods.

[url][http://www.reedssports.com//url]

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2013, 10:44 PM »
Look on Craig list with all the new models out this year you should fine some great deals
Never to many short poles

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2013, 02:07 AM »
If you're up for a road trip they usually have good deals at the Ice Fishing shows in St. Paul, MN & Wausau, WI.  Then again, the amount you would spend on travel would offset the savings....but it would still be fun!
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2013, 10:36 AM »
https://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=134
I just purchased a LX-7. $50 dollars cheaper than reeds and they send a $75 dollar gift card with it for doing their PRE BUY program! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Forgot to mention free shipping to the lower 48!
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2013, 11:28 AM »
id recommend reeds, fast shipping too.

Offline xtrymefire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2013, 04:50 PM »
UPDATE:  The best deal I found so far was amazon $459.  Thanks for all the help so far, more is always welcome.

Offline limitingout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2013, 05:42 PM »
I  know its not Marcum or vex but cableas bargain cave has the lowrance x 67 ice machine for 200 bucks  either way ya go have fun picking what you want

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2013, 07:30 PM »
Look on Craig list with all the new models out this year you should fine some great deals

X2

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2013, 08:43 PM »
I'd suggest sportsmans guide.   Especially if you think you might order from them again in the future. for 30 bucks you can join their buyers club which gets you an extra 10% off everything at any time.  They have the Marcum vx1 pro for 260.99. even without the buyers club it's 289.99.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Cyber Monday sales are usually pretty good.  I saved $100 on my Mar-Cum last season.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2013, 10:53 PM »
I know you said you preferred a Marcum but check out Vexilars website and look at the section where they have reconditioned units for sale. they give you a better price on these over a new one plus they come with a warranty too (I believe it is the same as if it was a new unit). I just picked up a FL 12 as a spare flasher unit since the price was so good.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2013, 11:39 PM »
I know you said you preferred a Marcum but check out Vexilars website and look at the section where they have reconditioned units for sale. they give you a better price on these over a new one plus they come with a warranty too (I believe it is the same as if it was a new unit). I just picked up a FL 12 as a spare flasher unit since the price was so good.

x2 here. Basically new units at a discount plus the same warranty as a brand new unit. Little risk involved buying recon units from Vex.
keep yer stick on the ice.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2013, 07:31 AM »
x2 here. Basically new units at a discount plus the same warranty as a brand new unit. Little risk involved buying recon units from Vex.

X3 I have bought 2 units over the years , I sold the fl8 recon. to a bud it's now 20 years old and still buzzing , and my fl18 is now my back up that is 9 years old and working fine , IMO these recon units are better than new, they get a complete going over top to bottom and same warranty

Offline xtrymefire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2013, 08:11 AM »
I was looking at the reconditioned vexilars. but if you have three going in the same shanty will interference be an issue. I heard the marcums are better at canceling out interference.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2013, 09:59 AM »
I was looking at the reconditioned vexilars. but if you have three going in the same shanty will interference be an issue. I heard the marcums are better at canceling out interference.

The Marcums are what cause the interference  >:(     .....  i've fished with several vexilars all in close proximity and all was good ....     then along comes Jeff with his Marcum and we are all screwed up.

And if you are fishing around other flashers stay far far away from the Lowrance units.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline danerc07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2013, 10:30 AM »

Agreed! My first unit was a fl-8 that I bought from their reconditioned section and 4 years later it's still running like a champ!
youtube.com/danerc07

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2013, 01:34 PM »

that is why the units regardless of brand have the interference rejection feature on them.  what you would need to do is put all the units on at the same time and then just adjust the IR on one machine at a time until it clears up. the IR basically just changes the pulse of the sound wave so they are not transmitting the same signal at the same time. if you hold the transducer by your ear and push the IR button you will hear a difference in the sound each time you press the IR button. Before getting my Vexilar FL 22 I had a Marcum LX7 and had no issues running that next to my brother in law's FL 18. there was no issue with interference once the IR was set. this season I will be running my FL 22 or my FL 12 by his FL 18 and don't fore see any issues with interference. cone angle plays into the interference issue to.. if they over lap that is when you get the interference. most Vexilars will use a 12 degree transducer or the pro view transducer. they do have the tri beam  transducer that always you to manually set the angle for either 8, 12, or 20 degrees. the early tri beams had issue with the 12 degree crystal burning out but that has since been fixed. the depth of the water will also come into play when it comes to interference. if you are in shallow water and all using say a 19 or 20 degree cone angle the signals will over lap. that is why the 12 degree is nice it tightens the angle up so there is less to no overlap. a rule of thumb I use is a 19 or 20 degree transducer will cover a area 1/3 the size of the depth. so as a example 10 feet deep water you would have a coverage area of 3.3 feet with a 19 or 20 degree transducer. if you go to the 12 degree transducer the coverage area would be 2.2 feet and if you go to a 8 or 9 degree transducer then the coverage area would be like 1.4 feet
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Just picked up a Marcum LX-tc3. Dicks had them online closeout for $247.00, they are sold out but my local Gander Mountain price matched no questions asked. Gander was still selling them for $399.00

Offline xtrymefire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2013, 02:47 PM »
Just picked up a Marcum LX-tc3. Dicks had them online closeout for $247.00, they are sold out but my local Gander Mountain price matched no questions asked. Gander was still selling them for $399.00

Are they doing this online also?

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Oct 21, 2013, 05:39 PM »
The Marcums are what cause the interference  >:(     .....  i've fished with several vexilars all in close proximity and all was good ....     then along comes Jeff with his Marcum and we are all screwed up.

And if you are fishing around other flashers stay far far away from the Lowrance units.

Jon - ya screwball ....  ;) I gots a fl-18.

Play more Elvis ....  :woot:

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21, 2013, 06:07 PM »
I'm not sure I was surprised I didn't have to show proof t the store level.

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Oct 21, 2013, 06:20 PM »
The D1cks link I posted two days ago was to it's online clearance of these Marcum LX3's. Of course I grabbed one before posting. What was weird is they were out of stock online within a few hours but were back up again this morning ..... but gone again in an hour or so. I would have thought for sure you would need physical proof for a pricematch of such a good deal.
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline xtrymefire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Oct 21, 2013, 07:19 PM »
If these go back up for sale and someone sees please email me at [email protected] or text me at 574-261-6082.  Thank you

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Oct 21, 2013, 07:52 PM »

I've fished an fl18 right next to my lowrance 67c with no touble , and marcum lx5 and a humming bird the hummy gave me static but with a couple of adjustments still had a little on the 67 but was fishable

Offline PaperMouthPersuer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Oct 21, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Check our Reeds sports in MN, they usually have before season deals on Marcums.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 25, 2013, 05:39 AM »
Jon - ya screwball ....  ;) I gots a fl-18.

Play more Elvis ....  :woot:

now that text makes a little sense  ::)

there are two jeff's in my life....
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.