The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Best of 2013  (Read 460 times)

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best of 2013
« on: Mar 29, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Now that most of us, (but not me) have finished the 2013 ice season, what was your best catch of the season?  Maybe it was your largest fish, or maybe it was a limit catch.  Mine occurred yesterday with my 2 young boys.  Spent the early afternoon chasing perch.  We did not catch any monsters, but did end up with about 15 8-9 inchers for a nice meal.  The kids had a ball since they were bitting non stop (most were only 5 inches long, but it was non stop action for the kids).  Sure, we have caught some nice walleye and pike this year, but yesterday was my highlight of the season for sure...beautiful weather, great company and lots of action.  And as you can see from the picture.....there is NO-ONE fishing!  16 inches of ice and there is little activity on the lake. 

So whats your best catch of the 2013 season? 
rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best of 2013
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2013, 01:05 PM »

Muskegon lake perch fishing in march. Action was fast and the weather was beautiful. Most fish were in the 7-8" range with a few 11".   Fishing deep so very few throwbacks.  Just a good day to relax and take it all in...I will take it over work anyday.

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2013, 02:24 PM »
nice mess of perch there Dave!   :clap:  They will fry up nice  ;D
rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Future IS members?? Looks like you had an awesome time with your boys and had a ton o' fun! Nothing better than "family time".  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.