Author Topic: Blue Mesa Ice Fishing Report: Save the best fishing for last ice!  (Read 747 times)

Offline kellycemron

• IceShanty Rookie
  • kelly cemron
i read this so nice one

"As the days are getting warmer, the fishing is on fire!  We still have lots of safe ice across the lake with 12-30" although the shorelines are getting soft along rip rap or rocks.  There is also some open water growing daily by Red Creek Island.  The kokanee salmon and trout bite has been unbelievable with 60-100 fish being landed in a 3-4 hour span!  You can find kokanee, rainbow trout, brown trout, and even some perch hanging out along rocky shorelines in 15-50 feet of water.  The trick is to figure out what color and action the fish want that day.  Lately the Pk Flutterfish has been a hot producer as well as kastmasters, crippled herring, cabelas living image spoons and smaller ice jigs.  The Mackinaw lake trout fishing has been good as well with some nice fish being caught and released across the lake!  The standard tube jig and sucker meat has been producing.  Take advantage of these hot bites!"
hi i am Kelly..from Captainbay .com
"I'm an outdoors girl - I like to go fishing, riding four-wheelers, & hunting."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.