The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: bit of a scare out on the ice today  (Read 5723 times)

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
bit of a scare out on the ice today
« on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:06 PM »
WOW!! Probally my last ice trip this today.Not sure what happend but Def a scary situation I found myself in. For those who don't kno me or fish with me a quick lil update.Almost two years ago went in for my first back fusion L3-S1 titanium cage installed severe nerve damage with the siatic nerve ,disks were non exsistant pulled bone from my hip to rebuild everything that got smashed.make a long story short been in twice since the the first surgery with hardware failure ...pulling out from my bones .So its been redone 3 times.Just recently found out L3 never fused and is banging around in there pressing on nerves giving me wierd feelings like almost passing out with loss of use of my legs untill the swelling goes away and stops pressing on em.I'm heading back in for my 4 very soon  :-\But anyway I head out with my best bud my dawg this morn to one of my fav bass holes.feeling fine thinking its gonna be a great day...I get on the ice and notice my arms and hands are unusally cold ,I usally spend the day with no gloves in the coldest months.I ignored it got out started drilling after every hole took me 10 min in between holes between freezing and all of a sudden not feeling well.I get 4 holes in and set when I start to lose my bearings I stumble to my chair almost passing out ,can barely move my arms and legs ,j can feel myself gettin ready to pass out wicked tunnel vision goin on at this point.I call my wife cause noone even knows were I'm at mumble to her what's happening and were I'm at at this point could barely talk my lips got real rubbery.I manage to leave my gear on the ice and get back to my truck with my dog thought I was having a heart attack !!!She's all freaked out wants to call a ambulance I don't want to go have these attacks before just not as bad or to this point.we call my sons school he's 18 he dismisses himself luckly he's less than 10 min from me ,he shows up I'm sweating bulletts white and pasty lookin.he goes out to get my gear comes back and says u had two flaggs out there  ??? He says one was a hit and run and the other completely spoolled hanging on the knot  :o who knows ?? Made it home showerd been on the couch since still dizzy but nothing like what was goin on this morning.Thinkin I'm gonna go and get checked for a clot or something Def don't wanna be found dead in the woods or on the ice.be safe guys enjoy the rest of the season.
Off to walk on water

Offline fishinfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: bit of a scare out on the ice today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:22 PM »
get well my friend,a fish is not worth dying over,get yourself to the doc asap :tipup:

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:22 PM »
wow... be safe man stay in get it checked no fish is worth dieing
Drill um and fill um........

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:23 PM »
It would behoove you to go to a doctor asap.  I wouldn't have even bothered to make the post!  Get better!

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Just to take it easy and see if comes back like I said its happend before just not to this extent.
Off to walk on water

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:45 PM »
U sure there wasnt any drinking going on in between all of this?
Sounds like a bad night at the bar lol.

In all seriousness tho, get that checked out. With all the tech they got out there now, they should be able to figure it out.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:46 PM »
those are signs of a stroke go to the hospital now if you dont get their soon enough the damage could be irreversible
please go now.

Really scared for you
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:47 PM »
U sure there wasnt any drinking going on in between all of this?
Sounds like a bad night at the bar lol.

In all seriousness tho, get that checked out. With all the tech they got out there now, they should be able to figure it out.
ha nope no drinking I'm not a big drinker.
Off to walk on water

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:51 PM »
those are signs of a stroke go to the hospital now if you dont get their soon enough the damage could be irreversible
please go now.

Really scared for you
thanx RONNCARR I really appreciate your thoughts.as we both kno we got off on the wrong foot but ill tell ya you seem to really be a good guy after talkin with you on pms and all the help you've given me its too bad u live far away cause your a pretty straight up guy  ;) even if ya kill a pickeral lol
Off to walk on water

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:52 PM »
F.A.S.T. IS:
Face Drooping Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile.

Arm Weakness Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?

Speech Difficulty Is speech slurred, are they unable to speak, or are they hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence, like "the sky is blue." Is the sentence repeated correctly?

Time to call 911 If the person shows any of these symptoms, even if the symptoms go away, call 9-1-1 and get them to the hospital immediately.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK SOMEONE IS HAVING A STROKE
Immediately call 9-1-1 or the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) number so an ambulance can be sent.  Also, check the time so you'll know when the first stroke symptoms appeared. A clot-busting drug called tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) may improve the chances of getting better but only if you get them help right away.

A TIA or transient ischemic attack is a "warning stroke" or "mini-stroke" that produces stroke-like symptoms. TIA symptoms usually only last a few minutes but, if left untreated, people who have TIAs have a high risk of stroke. Recognizing and treating TIAs can reduce the risk of a major stroke.

BEYOND F.A.S.T. — OTHER SYMPTOMS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Sudden numbness or weakness of the leg

Sudden confusion or trouble understanding

Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes

Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination

Sudden severe headache with no known cause
60 SECOND F.A.S.T. BODY LANGUAGE PSA

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:54 PM »
thanx RONNCARR I really appreciate your thoughts.as we both kno we got off on the wrong foot but ill tell ya you seem to really be a good guy after talkin with you on pms and all the help you've given me its too bad u live far away cause your a pretty straight up guy  ;) even if ya kill a pickeral lol
If you go to the hospital now I will never kill a pickeral again get your ass in gear bud.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Hope everything is ok man.  Gotta get that looked at so you can get better and get out fishing.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:01 PM »
Jack please go now my father in law had a stroke and did not go to the docs he is in a wheel chair now and can barely talk

my mother had a massive stroke last month she is dead please go now before its to late.

Do not reply just go NOW

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:02 PM »
I feel fine now tho ...I'm just so sick of hospitals and gettin poked and this and that.I'm gonna take it easy for the next couple days .I'm just gettin ova bein sick for  few days so maybe it had something to do with it too.who knows!!!I appreciate all the postive input guys but I hate goin to the er.if it happens again I'm Def goin .
Off to walk on water

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:09 PM »
I pray it was not what I think. what I posted above was from a stroke warning sign website you have the symptoms

if you do not get to a doc with in 3 hours the damage can be irreversible.

sorry for posting so much but I am more than concerned for you and we got a lot more arguing to do  ;D

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:18 PM »
WOW!! ...........I get on the ice and notice my arms and hands are unusally cold ,I usally spend the day with no gloves in the coldest months.I ignored it got out started drilling after every hole took me 10 min in between holes between freezing and all of a sudden not feeling well.I get 4 holes in and set when I start to lose my bearings I stumble to my chair almost passing out ,can barely move my arms and legs ,j can feel myself gettin ready to pass out wicked tunnel vision goin on at this point.?......

This is a classic description of stroke symptoms.  GO TO A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!

Denial is the number one cause of more serious consequences of stroke and heart attack.

Ted

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:34 PM »
I pray it was not what I think. what I posted above was from a stroke warning sign website you have the symptoms

if you do not get to a doc with in 3 hours the damage can be irreversible.

sorry for posting so much but I am more than concerned for you and we got a lot more arguing to do  ;D

If Ron wants you to go it's serious. lol

My wife was reading your post and said sounds like a stroke he should go to the Dr's ASAP.  She went to school to be a med assistant.  We don't need to loose a shanty member for a silly reason like being stubborn or falling through the ice.  GO SEE A DR.!!!!!!  We still have fishing to do.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:40 PM »
please go now.

Really scared for you

x2

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:41 PM »
You guys are probally right ...the thing about is this isn't the first time this type of thing has happend .I mean as far as bein on the ice I mean.right after my first surgery I was home a few days and passed our in the shower and there has been other times I thought a possible heart attack.it always seems to pass for the most part tho.
Off to walk on water

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:43 PM »
If you go to the hospital now I will never kill a pickeral again get your ass in gear bud.

That alone makes it worth the while...lol 

Please go see a Dr even if Ron kills pickerels still

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:51 PM »
I don't kno guys ..I've been thru a lot so far and I'm only 40 .I guess I'm scared to go and have em find something that's incureable.I've lost both my parents to cancer at a young age so just that in itself scares me .Maybe I don't wan na kno...I would rather live nor knowing then been giving a certain amount of time and waiting for it .
Off to walk on water

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2013, 05:56 PM »
NOTHING is incurable.  My friend beat colon cancer @34yo.  It is amazing how far medicine has come.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:01 PM »
hey man just go to the hospital asap my uncle had the same problems about a month ago was fine 20 minutes later it was a tia spent a night in the hospital and that was it they kinda tweaked his diet a little but the guy would also eat 6 eggs and half pound or more of bacon for breakfeast on weekends told him to just cut back so please for all of us go get checked out would hate to see another post about you with worse info

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Dude your lucky I don't know where you live or I'd drive out to Spencer and bring your a$$ to the hospital myself.

Offline mr tip up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:29 PM »
deffinently  scary when that happens when nobody is around ,sounds like stroke systoms to me go get it just out asap  I no its scary and you don't want them to find any thing  its better to find out now so they can start treating the problem  remember you want to do some striper fishing get well soon my friend
what is and what should never be

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:39 PM »
I don't kno guys ..I've been thru a lot so far and I'm only 40 .I guess I'm scared to go and have em find something that's incureable.I've lost both my parents to cancer at a young age so just that in itself scares me .Maybe I don't wan na kno...I would rather live nor knowing then been giving a certain amount of time and waiting for it .
just go to the ER! Think of your family. If something happens to you at home, do you want them to see you in even worse shape? Just go period! I hope you you pull through and get well soon.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:40 PM »
you must have a primary care doctor. give him a call and make a appointment. the ins will cover it. can't hurt.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:46 PM »
If you dont go to the hospital tonight ( which is the way its looking) you should go see your Primary Care doctor tomorrow like Billy said. Give him a call and Im sure he will tell you to come right in. Better safe than sorry.
                                                      BJ

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:47 PM »
If you dont go to the hospital tonight ( which is the way its looking) you should go see your Primary Care doctor tomorrow like Billy said. Give him a call and Im sure he will tell you to come right in. Better safe than sorry.
                                                      BJ

Someone should get there privileges revoked on the site till he provides a Dr's note.  Just a thought :)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Someone should get there privileges revoked on the site till he provides a Dr's note.  Just a thought :)

Absolutely I'd love to know the diagnosis. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.