The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Don't Give Up Hope!  (Read 575 times)

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
Don't Give Up Hope!
« on: Mar 12, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Been reading a few post about calling it quits for the year.  Don't give up hope yet!  Still plenty of ice up here in the NW part of the state, and it should be around for a few more weeks yet.  Caught this nice mess of gills with my boys tonight sitting on a good foot of the hard water. 

Going for the last pike & walleye bite Thursday night and all day Friday, then just perching and gilling it till the ice gives out.  Good luck to those that are still fishing the hard water.....and for those that are getting into steelhead mode, the rivers up here are stacking up with them.  The bite has been good. 
rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Offline Wolverick

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Don't Give Up Hope!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:08 AM »
I agree. Don`t give up, drive north. My lake here in Cheboygan County still has 18" of ice on it and after tonight`s temps it may be more. WW42, as far as your pic goes I have one thing to say. Yum, yum!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2013, 05:24 AM »
Nice batch of fish there! Glad to see people are still getting out. I plan to hit it this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am hoping next weekend too as long as the ice holds! I am not ready to "pack it up" just yet!  :thumbsup:

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Probally get out once more this weekend North of town.  Was up near Central MI and there was still 14"-16" depending on where you went.  Some of the shorelines were questionable after the rain on Sunday.  Bring your safety gear and planks if you take out the kids!  Just because you got on in the morning doesnt mean the shoreline will be safe in the afternoon.  I have a 2x12 that I tote along just for those occasions.   

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2013, 04:35 PM »
yep, and there's still about 18" in the Clare area...they haven't lost any.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.