Author Topic: ...So I entered the cto tournament again; and it looks like its' paid off.  (Read 1012 times)

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Another fish I love to catch thru the ice-damn what fish DON'T I love to catch-is perch. I entered this one early on in the season; didn't think it'd hold all winter, but it did! 13 1/4" ! Not my biggest perch-that was a 15" white-but solid! Jigged her up on a flame orange 1/64 th jighead w/ handtied copper tinsel-tipped w/a glo-minno from cto!

Offline jpeters

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey icechaser that is fine looking perch......
By the way can you post a pic of the jig(a flame orange 1/64 th jighead w/ handtied copper tinsel-tipped w/a glo-minno from cto)?
Wow the Jig seems interesting.  :)

Offline mr tip up

• Team IceShanty Addict
gongrats on your win icechaser nice looking perch
what is and what should never be

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sure! I tie all my own!-These jigs are from 1/64th down to 1/100th!-Been tyin' flies since I was 10. -as always I strayed from the crowd + came up w/ my own designs.-these are my fav. hardwaters'Except for the painted orange,I even customized the heads w/ glued on glitter or eye's one red, blue, holo-flash tails, sparkle chenille bodies-

Offline calicohunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Careful that you don't jinx yourself...people have until Friday the 15th to bring in their entries.  Good luck!

Offline jpeters

• IceShanty Rookie
Icechaser --- what a great job with the jig's....   thanks for sharing...

Trooper Bri

Careful that you don't jinx yourself...people have until Friday the 15th to bring in their entries.  Good luck!

Saw that happen last year in the bass category. Whether or not it works as "rest on your laurels" strategy, who knows. Real fishermen fish regardless.
Kapt and I can only get out so often, so hitting a winning fish happens, or it doesn't. La lotteria mi amigo. I won't forget to enter next year.

Fingers crossed for you icechaser, good luck. Maybe we'll get to meet on the ice next season. Those are some great looking jigs, tons of shine on them. Really like the gold tinsel ones on the upper right. Bet those would work good casting live shiners for panfish too.

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Oh yeah! Also w/ some worm-a spike-under a float-these bad-boys' won't be retired anytime soon!-And I'm already a winner! It's been a GREAT season w/ family+friends!-Same spot-Best day of flags+jigging-tide was just right; notice small bass @ top is just over 12"

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
BTW-That day me+ bro. released about 15 other perch/panfish each!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.