The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Is it REALLY over yet...here?  (Read 695 times)

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is it REALLY over yet...here?
« on: Mar 12, 2013, 11:17 AM »
i realize that with the warm weather and rain the past several days that a lot of our favorite lakes are pretty much shot for ice fishing. however with the forcast of below normal temps and some night-time lows in the lower twenties you would think that a few high mountain lakes would still have decent ice. heck, last season, when most lakes had NO ice late feb. and early march. black mo had 5-6". it was like another world up there. still had snow everywhere. and what about High Point in somerset county? it was reported that there was still some snow on the ice at the end of the day saturday and 8"of ice. any thoughts or first hand knowledge?

Offline icebum

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Is it REALLY over yet...here?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2013, 02:12 PM »
There will be safe ice somewhere. But where? And do you want to travel that far if you find it. I am calling some friends in Sullivan County N.Y. This evening to check on lakes for maybe this weekend.
We are all here cause we are not all there.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2013, 04:15 PM »
I might be calling it a rap tonight or tomorrow morning.  we got almost 2 inches at my house and almost 3 inches near the lake I was going to fish.    I will only try if i have buddy go with.... Im not that bold and would rather hve time with my family then one more day on the ice.   

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2013, 05:57 PM »
 Amen, Dave! Thats exactly why I've hung up my gear for another season!
TEAM  PA.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2013, 09:55 PM »
i realize that with the warm weather and rain the past several days that a lot of our favorite lakes are pretty much shot for ice fishing. however with the forcast of below normal temps and some night-time lows in the lower twenties you would think that a few high mountain lakes would still have decent ice. heck, last season, when most lakes had NO ice late feb. and early march. black mo had 5-6". it was like another world up there. still had snow everywhere. and what about High Point in somerset county? it was reported that there was still some snow on the ice at the end of the day saturday and 8"of ice. any thoughts or first hand knowledge?

Dude, the fat lady is singing. Only a couple nights below freezing over here. Take the weekend off, and go get your camp ready for trout season.

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:07 AM »
Dude, the fat lady is singing. Only a couple nights below freezing over here. Take the weekend off, and go get your camp ready for trout season.

dude i dunno high point is calling my name. maybe stoneycreek. caught a bucket of perch a few years back Easter weekend. black mo has ice til the 4th of july LOL

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Tried to get out on Saturday and the ice was trashed. The same lake had solid shorelines and a hard 8"-10" of ice the Sunday before. The fastest I have seen that lake's ice go crap ever. Probably be all open water by this weekend. It poured yesterday. Until next season....

Offline chubs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Mik i think your startin to go through withdrawal symptoms just hang in there bud it will get better  ;D ;D
if the shoe fits

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.