The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bad news report - Lake Arthur ice rescue  (Read 1043 times)

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bad news report - Lake Arthur ice rescue
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Very sad God Bless him and his family...it is time to get off ....the ice this year ,,never go out alone...just makes me think.  I love the sport but you have to think  the ice is soft will give way  with out you even knowing it ...I saw good ice go bad today  in 3 hrs...got off.  Till next year   Thanked God for a safe year...hate  this  reading  now we are all called crazy  for doing this....be safe ..god bless.... bad ice is like a trapdoor
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2013, 08:12 AM »
we sure dont want to lose another ice fisherman what a shame.and if we are not carefull i think we will have big brother supervising our ice fishing i for one absolutly do not want that .my buddy was teling me about a state park lake in harrisburgh were they are posting signs saying no ice fishing unless at least 4in of ice .there was 2 guys pulled out of pymie sat too they seam to be okay thank god.were a floatation device go with someone and at this time of year were other people are.be carefull guys

Offline ROY89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:16 AM »
IF YOU GUYS ARE NOT WEARING A FLOAT SUIT YOU ARE CRAZY!!!  It might have saved this guys life.  Mustang, Stearns, Boy-O-Buoy, Arctic Armor, etc. all make them.  I use Arctic Armor and LOVE it. 

http://www.idigear.com/arcticarmor1.php
LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PUT A PRICE ON FUN!!!

Offline King of Pymatuning !

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Terrible news . Ice fishing is a very fun activity but not worth risking your life when ice conditions start to deteriorate . I  hope everyone is ok .  :( :tipup:

Offline icebum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2013, 11:53 AM »
That is sad news. This time of the year it is often best to just put the gear away,and wait for the water to open up. Safety first. Be careful out there.
We are all here cause we are not all there.

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:28 AM »
Unfortunately, there are going to be some guys that only weigh 150 pounds that think they can still go out on this thinner ice. Don't kid yourselves. Bad ice wont hold anything near that weight. Please take heed and call it a season. I, as well as the rest of the PA iceshanty group, dont want to read another obituary about losing another icefisherman. Go fish a spillway, creek, or river. Dont let this on coming cool down fool you. Western PA ice season is done.

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:40 AM »
I have doing this for over 40 years ..I saw something for the 1th time on Sat.   The sound of losing  good ice  watching ice start to web out where we were...a crack go down between our legs....we knew it was time to get off we were only 30 feet out but in 10 foot of water....it was over till next year  the bite was very hot but was not worth the chance to catch more....we had a great season  this year ...my heart goes out to Ken and his family. We all love this to put up with cold and snow....don't make it your last walk be safe God Bless... :   Kov
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.