New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: muskie  (Read 4978 times)

Offline esox v

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: muskie
« Reply #60 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:43 PM »
FYI, I just had dinner with my buddy who is a DEC officer and he said he would have done the same thing with a once in a life opportunity as well. The guy didn't know how
Really....knowingly Break the law ..... :( :( :(                                                                                     

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
« Reply #61 on: Mar 07, 2013, 11:04 PM »
OK...we get it...It's an illegal catch, he broke the law. SO WHAT!! He's the one who will have to pay the fine, deal with any reprecussions, answer to god, etc...Quit bashing the man! He put the post on here for us to enjoy, if you can't stand the sight of a musky being held like that simply click to another thread, whats done is done. We will never know if the fish survied or not, for all we know it turned into a mermaid. The only thing this guy did wrong was post it on here to be ridiculed by all the "proffesionals" on this site. Imagine if you did cut the line, never landed the fish and posted just your story up here with no pic.. you'd have been called a liar and been shot down and ridiculed by everyone for lying. You can please some people sometimes, but you can't please all the people all the time. Congrats on the great catch and thanks for sharing. For all you who don't like it get over it or go to a differant thread.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Mar 08, 2013, 12:56 AM »
Really....knowingly Break the law ..... :( :( :(                                                                                   
haha...yes! And if it makes you feel any better, we knowingly drive faster than the posted speed limit, occasionally violate the open container law at events,  have bon fires during the burn bans and I also don't have a pool alarm for my pool.
oh, and sometimes I stay up past my bed time and watch skin a max!

GROW UP!

Heading to Chamaunt to get the crappies and perch. don't look for a report.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #63 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:24 AM »
Royjboy.     Thank you for making my stupid post not look so bad and I fish alot and since I don't target muskies and know all the rules.   Yes you would of seen me holding the fish with a big ol smile on my face    It is a fish to show of.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #64 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:39 AM »
The only thing that bothers me about this post is that me, my kids or one of my buddies wasn't the one holding the fish !! I'd have a life size poster blown up of that picture and we'd have done victory laps for 2 days to all the local watering-holes. Then I'd have a replica made of the fish as all you self-proclaimed ethical sportsmen know you don't ever take a musky in to get mounted, you take in measurements and a picture. I've noticed the volume of jerk-@ff's on here has increased this year, you guys really do need a life !! Good luck .. you're gonna need it !

Someone should start a topic that is a spot where you can nominate a name for "Jerk-@ff of the Year" .. that would be funny !! It would be a tight race for sure ..
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline Kavorka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:43 AM »
Illegal or not....It would be at the taxidermy as I type!!  Its worth the fine!  GREAT FISH!!!

fordman

« Reply #66 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:54 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people are jealous. Nice fish

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:59 AM »
LMAO.....at all the crap people think up and type on a website...and I wasn't aware there were so many fish experts in the world....no wonder I feel so stupid when I go fishing....or was that logging in on the Shanty..... ::) ::)

Thinking our legislators must spend time on these types of sites as well....that way they can justify their stupid laws to protect us from ourselves.....

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Mar 08, 2013, 05:02 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.