Author Topic: Waterproof for real  (Read 1894 times)

Offline ROY89

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Waterproof for real
« Reply #30 on: Mar 06, 2013, 03:29 PM »
OK..."Waterprooof for Real"....One Word-------------->RUBBER!!!  That is the only boot that won't let you down after repeatedly standing in a foot of water all day long...day after day after day. 
LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PUT A PRICE ON FUN!!!

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Yup if they have laces or sewn seems forget it .went thru the same thing for years tried numerous pairs of sorels,rockys,the only boot that was close was a company called Acton boots not sure if still in business.I switched to mucks this year and can probally say won't ever go back .we had some bad conditions earlier this year standing in ankle deep water for 9hrs with a thin pair of wicking socks and feet were awesome .
Off to walk on water

Offline Riffle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Several years ago I went on "The Quest For the Perfect Boot"....I bought and tried several different brands. And several of my buddies were very pleased with me handing down a few pair of barely worn boots that didn't make the cut. Long story short...the best boots that I found...and I own 3 different pair of them now...are Mendel Boots from Cabelas. Mendels are actually made by a family in Germany I believe. If you havn't tried a pair...you should...they are not cheap...but I can honestly say that in my opinion, they are well worth the money. Waterproof...CHECK.... Comfortable...CHECK... Durable...CHECK...Diff erent styles for different needs...CHECK. And there is my 2-cents.

The Meindl winter pac boot is nice. I would be curious to know how they hold up over time. Too bad they don't have removable liners.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 06, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Sorry to have to rain on everybodys parade of expensive $$$$$$$$$  boots, BUT, no place on Earth, from ANY manufacturer, are you going to find better boots for WARMTH, WATERPROOF, LONGEVITY OF LIFE, and SHEER COMFORT  than:

MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$35 TO $45 ON E-BAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you didnt want to hear about rubber boots but it seems you already knew the answer to your question when you mentioned them in your post.  I agree with Iceballs.  I woar the same pair of MMB for over 10 years before they started to leak but only because I abused them.  Here in Alaska, it seems to be the boot of choice for staying dry and unbeatable warmth.  Sportsmans Guide has them also for the 35-45 range.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Look at Kennetrek

Awesome boots.  Expensive yes, but highest quality boots I've ever owned.  I do a lot of plowing with an atv and they always stayed warm doing that.  I've had mine 5 years and wear them most days during the winter.  I've had them resoled because I wore out the old tread.  Despite all of that they only started to leave my feet "moist" when ice fishing and kneeling on the ice a lot.

I'd gladly buy another pair
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.