The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Disappointing Day on Fish Pond  (Read 289 times)

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Disappointing Day on Fish Pond
« on: Feb 24, 2013, 03:25 PM »
For a little variety, my two fishing buddies and I took our kids to Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams today.  First time I've icefished it in over a decade.

Cloudy - - alternately misting rain and snow depending on whether the temp zipped above or dipped below zero - - very little if any wind.

About 12 to 14 inches of ice (a little more than I expected).  A couple of other guys were on the ice while we were there.  One didn't seem to be doing any better than us, while the other landed a few pickerel.

We set up somewhere between 25 and 30 tipups and/or jigs but only had 7 flags the whole day - - 5 of them on one tipup - - and only one of us caught a fish (a 9" perch). 

My buddy with the fishfinder said he could see plenty of fish swimming around on his screen, but they clearly weren't interested in what we were offering (shiners and mousies).

Our lunch saved the day - - Polish pupu platter (kielbasa/pierogis/kapusta), pork chops, salad, turkey and lentil soup, hot coffee, apples, wasabi covered peas, and adult beverages (Guiness Black Lager, Woodchuck Cider and Mike's Hard Lemonade). 

Tossed the football around a little bit.

Called it a day after five hours on the ice.

Offline manitron

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Disappointing Day on Fish Pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2013, 04:11 PM »
I was there  this past week with the same results.I was the only one on the ice for 6 hours and I moved twice from the beach to the campers beach and ended up directly across the pond in the little bay.I had few flags and the only fish that I caught was a 10 inch perch.Alas,no polish pupu platter to lift my spirits. :'(
Being on ice is nice but the tug is the drug.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.