The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Z71 Bent Crank?  (Read 805 times)

Offline The Rezerend

• Team IceShanty Regular
Z71 Bent Crank?
« on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:35 PM »
So I've talked to a guy on Craigslist that has a Z71 that he thinks the crank is bent. I haven't been able to find replacement parts and wonder if they are available or even worth the effort. I have no problem working on stuff especially when he's only asking 100 bucks. Just seeing if anyone has ran into this problem before or know of a place for the parts so I can see if the cost is worth the hassle.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Z71 Bent Crank?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2013, 09:49 AM »
He might not know what is wrong with it. Go over there and take the bit off and start it up. If it runs good buy it. Then either check the bit to see if it is bent or the blades are rolled up. Either way a new bit isn't that much.
<===Lefty===

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 AM »
Eskimo does not sell the replacement parts for their engines. You will have to take measurements and search online for the parts under different names.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:40 AM »
So I've talked to a guy on Craigslist that has a Z71 that he thinks the crank is bent. I haven't been able to find replacement parts and wonder if they are available or even worth the effort. I have no problem working on stuff especially when he's only asking 100 bucks. Just seeing if anyone has ran into this problem before or know of a place for the parts so I can see if the cost is worth the hassle.

You're speaking of the crankshaft?? Then you better check the piston, and the cylinder head, crank bearings...IMO, forget it. Not worth it to put a new crank and rod bearings in that little engine unless you have the shop and do it yourself. I do; and I'd hesitate to even do it.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2013, 10:42 AM »
I bet the only way he bent the crank was if he took it apart and messed it up. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.