Author Topic: $128.45 to repair!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
$128.45 to repair!
« on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:37 PM »
 That's the standard price to have my humminbird ice 55 sent in for repair! They are selling for brand new $400 at fleet farm right now. This thing better come back and be flawless for that price. Few years ago my Marcum was $45 to send in for repair.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: $128.45 to repair!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2013, 02:04 PM »
I hear ya...Like an idiot I dropped my HB 385ci and cracked the glass screen. Its $112.45 to get it fixed...ugh!

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Yeah, my buddy sent mine for a trip of the truck tailgate when we got back from lake of the woods. Has worked for nearly 2 months after that though

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:09 PM »
That's the standard price to have my humminbird ice 55 sent in for repair! They are selling for brand new $400 at fleet farm right now. This thing better come back and be flawless for that price. Few years ago my Marcum was $45 to send in for repair.

Still cheaper than 400.   ;)

Which Marcum did you send in?  That's crazy cheap to fix...

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:17 PM »
One of the pre TC LX-3'S. I see now it's 80ish flat rate for any flasher to be tuned up/serviced.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Yep, I hear ya. Called them recently myself and was told the same thing. Don't forget to factor in your shipping costs!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:43 PM »
I've sent mine in a couple times Every time I did they did a upgrade on the programs inside along with the original work sent in for. I would never complain about the service or Tech work done on it. I feel when you get it back you will more than pleased with the results. In fact one time I sent it in their was no charge it ended up being something other than what was diagnosed originally. Humminbird is around for all these years because they do care. Just my opinion.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:21 PM »
 you may be correct, there's a couple things I hope are fixed at this time, one, make the pretty colors work again haha. Two, maybe it'll be quieter now and three, sometimes while using it, the unit is stationary, but all of a sudden the color display moves up and down like you're pulling up on the transducer and setting it back down. Overall I have been pretty passed and impressed with it, especially since I got it when they first came out

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Yep, I hear ya. Called them recently myself and was told the same thing. Don't forget to factor in your shipping costs!

I believe the flat rate repair costs for Humminbirds does include shipping and handling back to the customer.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:25 AM »
Little stiff !

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.