The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lock and Dam 6/Trempealeau Access?  (Read 447 times)

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lock and Dam 6/Trempealeau Access?
« on: Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Does anyone know,

A.  Can you get on the ice via the ramp at Sunset Bay Marina or is it private?

B.  Is there anywhere to park and access on the Minnesota side besides the little area off the highway right at the end of the spillway?
     If not how far down stream do you have to hike from the spillway to get to the ice?
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
Re: Lock and Dam 6/Trempealeau Access?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:39 AM »
The launch at Sunset Bay is public.  They charge to launch a boat in the summer but that is mostly because you are taking up parking space that their regulars use.  You can walk out onto the ice from the ramp and there are plenty of people the icefish right in between the docks in the winter.  I imagine the closer you can get to the lock wall the better the fishing would be at this time of year though.

Wouldn't you probably be better off just parking at the Perot State Park launch and trying to find fish in the sloughs around there?  If I fished that area in the winter that is probably where I would start.  It is also a short drive to Lake Onalaska which is a pretty nice spot to hammer some jumbo perch this time of year.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lock and Dam 6/Trempealeau Access?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I live right by Lake Onalaska but I've been looking for new spots this winter.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.