Author Topic: Anyone get blown off CJ Strike yesterday?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline StrikeMojo

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone get blown off CJ Strike yesterday?
« on: Feb 10, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Just curious on ice conditions, crowd conditions, and maybe a fishing report...
Tight Lines,

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone get blown off CJ Strike yesterday?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2013, 12:14 PM »
I did friday.  Bite seemed slow and the ice seemed a lot softer than it has been

Offline StrikeMojo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I would like to think we will have more ice time there, but it may be the last weekend. My main perch/crappie spots are boat accessible right now,  it I like ice fishing.  Decisions, decisions...
Tight Lines,

Offline onelastdrift

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2013, 11:13 PM »
we fished saturday in 15-25 m p h winds. it was really miserable. sun came out but the wind never quit. it blew one of our aluminum and canvas lawn chairs right away.for you guys complaining about the 4 wheelers, you will be happy to know that 5 or 6 bunches of groups of fishermen with 4 wheelers came to cottonwood boat ramp, looked around for awhile saw the water and broken ice and left.we barely got on there. there was a 2 in open water crack at the end of the dock from one side to the other about 11 am, by 4 p m it was too wide open water to get back across. we had to go towards the dam and find another get off spot.ice was probably about 6-8 in max and melting.we had a big group but the wind was so bad we could not get our ice tents up.we saw probably 15 groups come out, try for awhile and go back in. we had some die hards in our group who came a long ways to fish so they wouldnt quit. they sat down and watched 2-3 rods closely.we caught some nice perch but it was a real challenge.unless we get some really cold weather im guessing the ice will break up soon. where would a guy go to get some perch-crappie from a boat?we ended up catching maybe 130 perch with a lot of nice 12-13 inchers. but that is for 7 guys. anyhow, take a plank and a life jacket and good luck

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:49 AM »
Heard it was getting bad, that sucks, I like ice fishing there, oh well I'll be down with the boat than,
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:36 AM »
I'm going to try it Wednesday morning. I only have the morning to fish. Hopefully the nights stay cold enough to keep some ice down there.  ::)

Offline IDFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2013, 11:35 AM »
I tried on Saturday, got there at about 10:30 and tried walking out there but without ice cleats it was like walking on greased marbles.  If you stood in one place and put your arms out like a sail the wind would literally blow you across the ice.  We made it about 75 yards out there and decided there was no way in hell we could make it far enough to fish without risking serveral broken bones...besides that crack past the end of the dock had me a little spooked.  There's no wind like CJ wind...good for duck hunting, bad for fishing.

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2013, 05:50 PM »
I tried on Saturday, got there at about 10:30 and tried walking out there but without ice cleats it was like walking on greased marbles.  If you stood in one place and put your arms out like a sail the wind would literally blow you across the ice.  We made it about 75 yards out there and decided there was no way in hell we could make it far enough to fish without risking serveral broken bones...besides that crack past the end of the dock had me a little spooked.  There's no wind like CJ wind...good for duck hunting, bad for fishing.

I love a brisk day on cj on open water.  Tends to thin out the crowds a bit and lets the hardcore folks get some fishin in. 

Offline StrikeMojo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2013, 11:08 PM »
One of the guys I work with had his 11 year old go through the ice, over his head, just off the jetty.  This happened Saturday.  Please be careful.  He was very lucky to get out alive and unhurt.
Tight Lines,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.