Author Topic: Magic ice help  (Read 490 times)

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
Magic ice help
« on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:24 AM »
HELP!  Ok I got to admit this really sucks but I'm a truck driver and this is the first weekend I'm able to get out on the ice. Anyway can someone give me some pointers on magic. Not as much the fishing aspect but things like is this a place that I need to have a 4 wheeler or snow machine to get to the good areas? Where should I go so I don't have to pull my shanty 2 miles to get to the ice (remember I'm a truck driver lol) alright one more question, is the ice still good there?
good things come to those who wait......Im still waiting!!!

Offline codeman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Magic ice help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:50 PM »
I was out on magic last fri.  Ice was still 14-16 inches.  Tons and Tons of old and new holes, like in the thousands. Its been getting hit hard.  We caught fairly good numbers of fish, but most perch dinky.  Think most of the larger ones have already been harvested.  We found we had to move alot, would catch a fish or two outta each new hole, then nothing.  Did manage 4 pretty nice trout, one pushing 3 lbs.  Fished out of the west marine resort.  Fished all over from right off the shore to a couple hundred or more yards out.  Water pretty much the same depth everywhere, at least within about 5 ft difference.  Had about the same success everywhere.  Actually caught the largest trout about 30 feet from shore just off the ramp, so i dont think you need to go far.  Shanty might not be the best thing, as we found moving around alot was key.

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Magic ice help
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:50 PM »
Thanks for the info I hope I will be able to get something up there it's been way too long
good things come to those who wait......Im still waiting!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.