Author Topic: Blue Mesa Again.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Blue Mesa Again.
« on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:23 PM »
The wife and I went today and boy was it slow. Especially for the wife. She got the big Goose egg. Probably her last trip she was so mad. I ended up with 5 and the largest was only 15". Well there is always next week.
<===Lefty===

Offline Tylerfromwindsor

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Blue Mesa Again.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Need to set the hook and hand it off to the wife! Do it all the time for the wife and kids. keeps em happy!

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should have gone back to Crawford?

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Daggum it Lefty. Was gonna hit it this weekend but now I might have to go north of there. Still, 5 is not too bad a day minus the wife's bad luck.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Daggum it Lefty. Was gonna hit it this weekend but now I might have to go north of there. Still, 5 is not too bad a day minus the wife's bad luck.

Three guy's pulled up next to us on snowmobiles just about when the fish were about to stop feeding. I did mange to catch 2 in front of them while they caught one. Then is was over. The bite was real lite and you had to be on your toes ready for them. I think that the most attention I have paid to my strike indicator then I can remember. They would barely move it,and if you were ready could get one. 2 Other guy's were out there and one came up and ask about how I was catching fish. I gave him all the info I could and even showed him my map of the lake so he and his friend could try and find lakers. I told him where the river used to run which would be the deepest part of the lake in that area and next thing I know they head for the other side of the lake instead.
<===Lefty===

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Lefty - getting skunk's never fun, but it had to beat staring at the same four walls @ home!
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Lefty - getting skunk's never fun, but it had to beat staring at the same four walls @ home!
My wife will disagree with that one. I on the other hand would never disagree.
<===Lefty===

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:28 AM »
understood, for me it's as much the journey as it is the fishing and the catching   for some, it's about the catching
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2013, 02:50 PM »
understood, for me it's as much the journey as it is the fishing and the catching   for some, it's about the catching

For 90% of my fishing I will agree with you. But when it comes to ice fishing it's about the catching.  An ice fishing skunk just plain sucks.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:00 PM »
It happens... just hope it doesn't happen too often! You'll gettum next time!

"B"

Offline Colorado Jim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Hey lefty you're not the only one we were there Monday around the middle bridge and it was real slow also. We had tip ups out and jigging and caught 4 smaller Mack's. Hope next time is better?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:44 AM »
Hey lefty you're not the only one we were there Monday around the middle bridge and it was real slow also. We had tip ups out and jigging and caught 4 smaller Mack's. Hope next time is better?
The bite was so lite you really had to be on your toes with them.
<===Lefty===

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:00 AM »
For 90% of my fishing I will agree with you. But when it comes to ice fishing it's about the catching.  An ice fishing skunk just plain sucks.

the cold adds a bit of harshness to a skunk, but sitting outside all days enjoying the views- priceless
Owe No Man Anything...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.